PDA

View Full Version : Eleuke anywhere

brianxshin
01-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Man i telll u eleuke must be inhigh demands but everywhere all out of stock especially tue jazz sunburt style bot the blue sl series from amazon i just wanted one cause it would be really quiet to play while wifes asleep question one can we put any uke strings in the eleuke and does it need a humidifer? Wish they can more eleukes shoot even in korea they are all ir mostly sold out

KamakOzzie
01-15-2013, 04:44 PM
I think Eleuke is keeping a low profile while they sort out some quality control issues.
Hopefully they will show some new ukes at NAMM at the end of the month.
I'm waiting for a report from my spy at the NAMM show. I have been wanting a SL-T.

Bill

bazmaz
01-15-2013, 08:26 PM
And boy do they need to sort out quality control....

Freeda
01-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Did you try Mim?

Tootler
01-16-2013, 07:21 AM
How about a Risa instead?

I nearly got one but I decided I didn't particularly want a solid uke just now.

brianxshin
01-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Wow dat bad huh well i ordered my sl tenor blue color from amazon tootler i was thinkin about risa but didnt like the style i just like that mp3 headphone input on the eleuke if different brand had the same maybe i would of went for it

brianxshin
01-16-2013, 09:44 AM
I never got a chance to check that site i will later today

scothut
01-16-2013, 10:45 AM
The issue we've had and other dealers is quality. Our only supplier for Eleuke in the US has had numerous issues with factory defects and has refused a number of stock orders from the factory.
Word has it that a new factory is on board and quality issues will be reduced.

brianxshin
01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Nice to know thanks

Plainsong
01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Wow dat bad huh well i ordered my sl tenor blue color from amazon tootler i was thinkin about risa but didnt like the style i just like that mp3 headphone input on the eleuke if different brand had the same maybe i would of went for it

There are plenty of reasons to dig an Eleuke, but not the headphone out. It's really really bad. You could plug something better than stock earbuds in, and it won't matter, it can't power even low resistance, low power headphones. If you enjoy playing through headphones, get a Vox Amplug to use instead. One of those can actually drive headphones properly.

brianxshin
01-16-2013, 08:53 PM
thanks for the heads up how about strings?? cant any strings go on the eleuke??

Gwynedd
01-17-2013, 12:27 AM
The blue is pretty. I have an older brown-gold sunburst. I don't play it as often as my acoustic (Mainland) but it's a nice uke. I think I got it before the problems.

ukuleledaveey
01-17-2013, 02:31 AM
And boy do they need to sort out quality control....:agree: the peanut is the worst uke i have ever bought,would love to get rid of it, but i feel bad expecting someone to part with cash for it lol, but it comes in handy as a stand in cricket bat or canoe paddle

Plainsong
01-17-2013, 02:34 AM
thanks for the heads up how about strings?? cant any strings go on the eleuke??

As long as they're uke strings, yes. It's not steel string. :)

Mim
01-17-2013, 03:16 AM
There were QC issues, BUT... I cant say much until I know for sure, but just know... there is really great things on the horizon! They were hoping to have something to show at NAMM. I am going to write my guy and see. But, as of now I know that everything is being addressed, some exciting things are happening...

but yes, I would say buyer beware of Amazon and other drop shippers. These really need to be quality controled. Peanuts are good when a lot of work is done on them, but they really have to have a good fret leveling and nut set up. They are a great practice uke for silent practice.

KoaDependent
01-17-2013, 06:09 AM
In the meantime why not look at a Risa?

Baz over at GotAUkulele.com has a great review of the Eleuke Peanut and a comparison of its sound compared to the Risa Uke-Solid stick.
http://www.gotaukulele.com/2012/11/eleuke-peanut-electric-ukulele-review.html

Bottom line: Risas are pricier but the tone is much more expressive and dynamic.

Garydavkra
01-17-2013, 08:58 AM
I bet when you hit the ball, it really sings! :D

:agree: the peanut is the worst uke i have ever bought,would love to get rid of it, but i feel bad expecting someone to part with cash for it lol, but it comes in handy as a stand in cricket bat or canoe paddle

Garydavkra
01-17-2013, 09:13 AM
I've been looking at Risa myself. I scratched Eleuke off my list last year when I kept reading about all of the QC issues. I"m in no hurry to purchase so if Mim says to just wait, I'll do that just to see what Eleuke comes out with. But, then again, my birthday is next week and I might just get trigger happy.:D

In the meantime why not look at a Risa?

Baz over at GotAUkulele.com has a great review of the Eleuke Peanut and a comparison of its sound compared to the Risa Uke-Solid stick.
http://www.gotaukulele.com/2012/11/eleuke-peanut-electric-ukulele-review.html

Bottom line: Risas are pricier but the tone is much more expressive and dynamic.

Mim
01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
You know when it is good I will tell yall! I will be crowing! I am also the first to admit when something went amiss. And I will tell you honestly I think some good things might be coming down the pike, from what I hear. At least I hope! As soon as I know, I will pass it on for sure!

Fuzzy
01-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Trust Mim. I bought my Eleuke from her a few years ago and found her to be knowledgeable, friendly, and very helpful! If (when?) I buy another uke she will be my first stop in the search.

Plainsong
01-17-2013, 10:42 AM
I ultimately went with Risa, but my choice wasn't really anything against the Eleuke. I didn't get it from Mim, but I did get it from someone like her, who does setups. It felt nice to play and never gave me a bit of trouble. I don't hold its headphone out against it, I never expected it to be good. And there are plenty of headphone instrument amps out there to give you the sound you want.

I'd say grudgingly, yeah, the Risa sounds better, but no one would do wrong with an Eleuke sold by someone like Mim, who gives a crap or two.

Ya know what I wish they'd change though? That FUGLLLY headstock logo.

Tootler
01-17-2013, 12:56 PM
I was browsing Flea Market Music the other day when I came across this (http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=253)

It's quite expensive but given the quality of Flukes, you should get a good uke with spot on set up out of the box.

OldePhart
01-17-2013, 01:19 PM
I have a concert size Eleuke that I bought from Mim. There weren't any quality issues with it and setup and playability were very good. However, I noticed that the design of the internal preamp was pretty poor. It worked, but the controls were very touchy and it took a lot of fiddling with the controls on the uke and on the amp to get a good sound out of it. When finally dialed in it sounded very, very good, though.

It simply wasn't possible to get a really pleasant tone through the headphones output, but you could get something tolerable for silent practice which is what I bought the thing for in the first place. The rub, though, is that the volume and tone controls had to be in completely different positions to get tolerable tone in the headphone output or good tone in the regular 1/4" output. Also, the headphone output was so hot it would be easy to damage your hearing if you weren't careful. For headphones (earbuds) I had to set the volume to almost zero and roll the tone control way back.

Mine also eats the battery when no chord is plugged in. Usually the chord is used to turn the preamp on so this doesn't happen. I thought at first it was my imagination but replacing the battery the third time when I almost never take the uke out of its gigbag finally convinced me that the preamp is wired on all the time.

I can see where they could have had a lot of "QA" problems just with the design of the preamp - the inexpensive pots you always find in those things combined with a very touchy preamp design is practically certain to create a situation where you have a fair percentage of instruments that just can't be dialed in at all.

John

brianxshin
01-17-2013, 02:14 PM
thanks guys for the input well the uke has been bought already so ill just check it out but in the future i shall see what eleuke has in store. risa i did look at it but i just like the uke string feel in korea i went to a music store and they had a electric ukulele with steel strings and i just didnt like the feel plus eleuke gave that extra edge wen they put that headphone input even though one here said it was junk but thats what got me. i hope the one that is shipped to me isnt all jacked up

Plainsong
01-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Congrats on your new uke and let us know how it turns out. The Risas we were talking about were the nylon string Uke Solid models, not the steel string, since they're more comparable to the Eleukes. If you ever feel like treating yo self, then pick up one of the many flavors of Vox Amplug. If you're headphones are decent, you should hear a difference. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4if6QkDbo

Fuzzy
01-17-2013, 04:04 PM
I noticed that the design of the internal preamp was pretty poor. It worked, but the controls were very touchy and it took a lot of fiddling with the controls on the uke and on the amp to get a good sound out of it. When finally dialed in it sounded very, very good, though.Yeah, I found the same thing. The controls (especially the volume) are REALLY touchy and hard to set correctly. But as you say, when you get it right (after endless fiddling) it sounds great!

brianxshin
01-17-2013, 08:12 PM
thanks i hope i dont have any defects

brianxshin
01-17-2013, 08:13 PM
heads phones ill be using the beats by dre mixr

Plainsong
01-17-2013, 10:42 PM

Well you should hear a difference in sound quality then, but frankly, for the same price, there are headphones that just blow those out of the water.

brianxshin
02-03-2013, 05:30 PM
well got my eleuke the QA was somewhat ok the i ran my finger though the frets and there are some rough edges and one the of the metal parts is loose but dosnt bother me too much i changed the strings to worth bt sounds better the headphone port well it feels kinda loose feels like when i put the headphone in the holes gonna just push back and go in to the uke but i stil have fun jammin

SweetWaterBlue
02-04-2013, 02:16 AM
I guess I got lucky when I bought mine used. No QC problems and expertly set up. Mine sounds fine through the headphone jack and the main 1/4" output. My controls are not wonky either. Until they get everything sorted out, I guess the key is to buy used from someone you trust, or better yet play it before buying.

brianxshin
02-05-2013, 11:57 PM
feel on that but im not worried this uke is just for fun and quiet jams

Lalz
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM

Bear in mind that these headphones are designed for bass-heavy music like hip-hop or dubstep. They don't sound so great for music instruments because the bass response is too strong.

Youkalaylee
02-06-2013, 11:30 AM
The action is too high on my peanut but apart from that I'm reasonably happy with it, its what I expected and all I wanted as a cheapish uke that was silent which I only plan to use when my partners working nights. There's no trouble with the pickup, the strings sound at equal volume. I've got a few days off work coming up in which I plan to adjust it.

Plainsong
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Bear in mind that these headphones are designed for bass-heavy music like hip-hop or dubstep. They don't sound so great for music instruments because the bass response is too strong.

And they even fail at that.

brianxshin
02-06-2013, 02:32 PM
nice to know thanks guys most appriciate

Plainsong
02-06-2013, 11:34 PM
If you're in the market for bass head cans, check out the forums at Head-fi.com

BgmUke
07-04-2013, 06:23 AM
The issue we've had and other dealers is quality. Our only supplier for Eleuke in the US has had numerous issues with factory defects and has refused a number of stock orders from the factory.
Word has it that a new factory is on board and quality issues will be reduced.

Guess this means that buying from Eleuke's factory clearance now is probably a bad idea?
http://www.eleuke.com/#!shopping/cp7n

I would assume that chances of getting a lemon would be rather high...

1937Scott
07-04-2013, 06:38 AM
For what it's worth, my Eleuke from Mim was perfectly set up. And for the same price as what the factory 'clearance' price is.

Mim does a great set-up, if she can get it or ship it to you, she is my first choice and best recommendation.

greyghost
07-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Guess this means that buying from Eleuke's factory clearance now is probably a bad idea?
http://www.eleuke.com/#!shopping/cp7n

I would assume that chances of getting a lemon would be rather high...

I'd be really afraid to order anything from there, given the factory problems they've had in the past. I poked around a bit on the website; this was my favorite bit (in the description of the bugsgear colored ukulele): "String made in China. Not Aquila, but almost same."

Count me another happy purchaser of a perfectly setup Eleuke from Mim!

BgmUke
07-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Been hearing too many good reviews about Mim's services, I cannot bring myself to buy an Eleuke from anyone else now.
Time to bite the bullet.

Her webstore doesn't have any in stock though, left her a email...
Refreshing my outlook inbox obsessively now

Mim
07-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey yall! I think there will be some news at the NAMM show. (I got to sneak a peek at some prototypes at Winter NAMM).

And I nit picked EVERYTHING!

NOW... it was NOT because they were bad. They were awesome!!! But just a little this and a little that would make them even more awesome. And that is the point of a prototype! And... it may surprise yall a little one of the big changes. But I think it is a good thing.

So... yeah... hopefully they will have something to show us at Summer NAMM!

Mim
07-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Been hearing too many good reviews about Mim's services, I cannot bring myself to buy an Eleuke from anyone else now.
Time to bite the bullet.

Her webstore doesn't have any in stock though, left her a email...
Refreshing my outlook inbox obsessively now

Did you get my e-mail? I wrote you back! :)

But it is a lot of what other say. Quality issues, but they are being resolved. I just don't want to give a date or even a month until they are here. Hopefully more info at NAMM!

BgmUke
07-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Did you get my e-mail? I wrote you back! :)

But it is a lot of what other say. Quality issues, but they are being resolved. I just don't want to give a date or even a month until they are here. Hopefully more info at NAMM!

Yep!

Well, I came for a Mim-approved eleuke, and I'm not leaving without one.
The wait will hurt though :eek:

pootsie
07-09-2013, 12:40 AM
I have resolved in my heart that my next outlay will be for a solid-body electric and that Mim is going to find it for me.

Hear that, Mim? We're lining up at the door and getting antsy

Mim
07-09-2013, 01:08 AM
I have resolved in my heart that my next outlay will be for a solid-body electric and that Mim is going to find it for me.

Hear that, Mim? We're lining up at the door and getting antsy

I KNOW! That is what kills me! I had a "thing" going! Like, a weird side expertise! Haha!

I have a solid body Fluke... but that is a lot more expensive. But it is super cool, and walnut.
Fingers crossed for good Eleuke news.

pootsie
07-09-2013, 01:29 AM
I have a solid body Fluke...

I am intrigued ....

Is this something you plan on carrying regularly?

pootsie
07-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Soo ... Mim?

Anything to report on the Eleuke front?

Mim
07-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Soo ... Mim?

Anything to report on the Eleuke front?

YES!!!

A LOT!

Ok, making dinner... after dinner... I will write a post! cause... the fact that I have yet to do so is kinda sad! But YES!

pootsie
07-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Oh the antici...

pation!

Mim
07-19-2013, 02:29 PM
As promised... too much info here:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?83441-Move-over-Eleuke-It-is-Teton-Time!

OldePhart
07-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Oh the antici...

pation!

Around here we have "Aggie jokes." Like: "You know how to keep an Aggie in suspense?"

John