Ukulele tone

kittykat7320

Reaction score
I got a new Luna ukulele, I have been playing it for a few weeks and it sounded great. Recently the tone of the ukulele has been really off. All the chords are tuned correctly.

Welcome to UU, kittykat! :)

Have you changed the strings since you got it? Do you know what strings it came with? My best guess is that maybe the strings on it were pretty crappy/old to begin with and a few weeks of use hasn't been kind to them.

Then again, you only recently started playing, so maybe now your ears are just getting better attuned to what it should sound like. :)

Less expensive ukes sometimes have intonation issues that can be fixed by a little saddle/nut adjustment.

But before you go for the hardware, at least try a software upgrade and get you some new strings. :)

Luna has a pretty wide array of offerings, they're not all "budget" models. Which one did you get? Did the seller do setup? Change your strings, for sure.

Last edited:
Luna Ukulele

I bought a concert "tattoo"Luna ukulele. I bought some new strings so I think that will help. I do have a clip on tuner. Thanks for the help!!

New strings are now on my ukulele and it sounds great! thank you all!

New strings are now on my ukulele and it sounds great! thank you all!

Yay! Another thing to keep in mind is that some strings don't like really humid weather so sometimes ukes go "lifeless" during rainstorms and the like. I've especially noticed this with Aquilas because I took a uke to Louisianna once and it was dead for several days after I got back. The next trip I took the same uke but with fluorocarbons instead of the Aquilas and it wasn't bothered at all by the humidity.

John

Yay! Another thing to keep in mind is that some strings don't like really humid weather so sometimes ukes go "lifeless" during rainstorms and the like. I've especially noticed this with Aquilas because I took a uke to Louisianna once and it was dead for several days after I got back. The next trip I took the same uke but with fluorocarbons instead of the Aquilas and it wasn't bothered at all by the humidity.

John

Yup John you are righto....flat as hell...just wait out the storm... hee hee

oh wow - you learn something new everyday!
I've just been to Samoa & was wondering why I didn't like playing/or hearing my uke (with Aquila's). I spent most of the time playing the beach-hack uke (with Worth browns). I couldn't figure it out - I felt like we'd broken up or something Thanks for the info;) whew

asestsI stamped

John

I live in Nashville Tennessee so it is very humid here and it rains at least 4 times a week! It has been especially humid and rainy lately so my uke has been acting strange.

Top Bottom