GRENOSI Jumbolele Soprano Sequoia

grenosi

Reaction score
Hello!

Just finished. Here some pictures of my newest Soprano Ukulele:

GRENOSI Sopran Ukulele Jumbolele Sequoia back.jpgGRENOSI Sopran Ukulele Jumbolele Sequoia front.jpgGRENOSI Sopran Ukulele Jumbolele Sequoia side.jpgGRENOSI Sopran Ukulele Jumbolele Sequoia rosette.jpg

Some technical details:
top: spruce
back and sides: sequoia
neck: cedro
fingerboard: ebony
bridge: ebony
rosette: sequoia
tuners: Grover Sta-Tite
bindings: plastic

Greetings from Vienna, Gregor

Is that Sequoiadendron giganteum? Aka giant Sequoia? The reason I ask is that it does not look like the giant Sequoia that I recently got, though it looks nice. It looks more like rift cut coastal redwood, Sequoia sempervirens. Here in redwood country, we just call it redwood...

The body shape looks a little like a Compass Rose..to me

Is that Sequoiadendron giganteum? Aka giant Sequoia? The reason I ask is that it does not look like the giant Sequoia that I recently got, though it looks nice. It looks more like rift cut coastal redwood, Sequoia sempervirens. Here in redwood country, we just call it redwood...

To be honest: I don't know. My favourite tonewood-dealer here in Austria gave me this piece of wood. And when I asked him what kind of wood this is, he said Sequoia. Since it looked nice, I decided to make an ukulele with it, although it is a bit soft.

Top Bottom