Just got in the new Kala Mahogany Lite ukes :)

PedalFreak

Reaction score
We just got a new Kala shipment today and I ordered a couple of the new Mahogany Lite ukes. A Soprano Long neck and a Tenor.

They are both solid Mahogany Top/Back/Sides. Rosewood fretboards, traditional tie bridges. Both are satin finished. The tenor has a slotted headstock.

mahoganylite_zps557a8cb7.jpg

Both look and sound great. They are very light, and balance very well. They come with Aquila strings.

The Tenor's action is on the high side, needs a setup. The Soprano long neck feels great, may make a slight adjustment to the nut though.

Here are a couple clips of them. They were takin from the box, and a quick recording on my iphone.

https://soundcloud.com/aaronwarren/sets/kala-mahogany-lite-uke-clips

For the money they are great ukes!

are these made in China? just asking, because a Lanikai solid mahog I bought was from Indonesia. which surprised me. It looks and sounds like a more expensive uke. I'll bet the Kala does too.

I would guess China. There is no "Made In" Sticker or label anywhere on them or the boxes they came in. But all the parts look like the Made in China models. They do however have new tuners on them. They look like Grover Sta-Tite open back tuners. But they are called "Rolas." Good feel, don't feel cheap and so far they seem to hold tune very well.

This little long neck soprano is great! I've been playing it here at my desk for awhile :)

And yes, it doesn't feel or look like a cheap instrument. I think if you played them you'd expect them to be a $300+ instrument.

Top Bottom