anything special about installing Living Water strings

Not that I know of, except it takes a long, long time for them to settle in (in my experience).

they are stretchy... I believe Ken suggests that you be patient with them. Might take a couple of days, but when they settle, they are amazing strings.. cheers...

Thanks all, as I have aged I find that sometimes I actually follow instructions that's all. I had read some different thoughts on stretching them as you install etc.

At the end of the day I just got them on as soon as I could so I can try them out.

My new strings arrived in the mail today Yahoo !Is there anything special for the install ?

Funny you should ask....

I'm not sure what happened when I installed them on my ukulele, but the A string snapped on me overnight. I've never had a string snap on me before, so I was surprised. I've been meaning to contact Ken about this; thanks for the reminder.

I will say, the other three strings sound pretty good (they're still on there).

I just put dGBE Living Waters strings on my Mya-Moe Baritone and they are great! Bright, clear, the tension is just right, and none of the strings are wound. I also put a Low-G set (again all non-wound) on my Collings UT-2K, and again they settled right in. I'm now playing twice as long as usual since my instruments have been enhanced by these strings.

Relatively expensive but worth it!

Great strings. I think they come with an installation angel that makes everything alright.

don't manually stretch them (bow and arrow style) because it can affect the strings creating flat spots, let them stretch naturally

My favorite strings!

note for putting them on, they are slippery. Tuning them up to the bottom A string often slips for some reason as I'm getting close to the pitch and the strings breaks loose (but not in half). To remedy this I make sure to loop the strings at the bridge a few times (3, sometimes 4 times).

also, Ken advises not to stretch the strings.

also, Ken advises not to stretch the strings.
In fact, Ken advises not to manually stretch any strings....

When using them on a slotted bridge (e.g. on a Flea), I found a normal "figure 8" knot being sufficient; add two loops through the tuning peg and you're set.
figure8_knot.png

(Image source: Wikipedia)

On my KA-C I didn't need too many loops at the bridge either:
ka-c_bridge.jpg

Top Bottom