Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing (Stevie Wonder)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

The descending chords from G to D are the trickiest part of the song to play, I think. It's easier to form bar chords and slide your way down fret by fret. G is 7775, F# is 6664, and so on.

It's good practice for the dreaded E and Eb chord. For the E chord, I use my index finger to bar the second fret, then I reach over with three fingers to cover the G (middle finger), C (ring finger), and E (baby finger) strings, all on the 4th fret. Just use a similar hand position for all these chords in that descending part.

Very well done! Great song to cover.

Truly excellent, John - what a tough song to cover.... your arrangement is killer and the playing and vocals are really fine. 'Innervisions' is one of my favorite Stevie Wonder records - those albums, like 'Talking Book', from the early-mid seventies are the highlight of his incredible career. Thanks for putting this one up - top notch stuff!

Thanks, Bill! I think I'm improving as a player. Five years ago I don't think I could have even thought of trying to make a video of this song, but now I had the confidence to give it a try. The toughest part was figuring out the chords in some spots. I didn't like what I saw on-line and had to experiment. Even now I'm not sure if the chords were all correct, but I think they sound okay. : )

Thanks, friends! I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom