FS: Pono Mahogany Concert $175

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydee

Reaction score
Clearing out the stable a bit in anticipation of a new custom...

Here we have a Pono second (although it is not marked as such). I was never able to successfully identify what made it a second. Anyway, it is the MC, solid mahogany concert. No bling, but a nice rope rosette and side position markers. It was a pretty steady player for me last year, so there is strum wear on the upper treble bout where the satin finish has started to go glossy, and a couple of dings, pictured (see second post). The first is on the soundboard near the bass lower bout. The second is on the corner of the treble lower bout getting close to the waist. There is also a scratch on the back of the neck up near the headstock, which I could not get a photo of. It is super light, responsive, and a great overall instrument.

I gigged with this uke in a few plays last year, hence the dings. Currently strung with D'Addario T-2 Titanium strings.

No case, but I will double-box for shipping.

HMS is selling their Pono MC seconds for $239 + shipping. I'm looking for $175 shipped CONUS. Paypal preferred.

Here is a sound sample (mostly strummed and sung, so if you like, skip to 3:15 for a little picking):

Pono Full.jpg
Pono Headstock.jpg
Pono Body.jpg
Pono Back.jpg

Last edited:
Must resist........ must resist...........

Beautiful uke at a super price. Someone please get this temptation away from me.

I have the MCD-E. Beginners or seasoned uker's needing a spare......snag this.

Phil

Sale pending...

Whew! That was a near thing especially as I'm trying to save money for a Pono Koa baritone; a concert wouldn't even be on the horizon except that this one has MattyDee mojo rubbed in... :)

Whew! That was a near thing especially as I'm trying to save money for a Pono Koa baritone; a concert wouldn't even be on the horizon except that this one has MattyDee mojo rubbed in... :)

Aw, shucks. :blushes:

Pono Mahogany Concert

hey mattydee, that looks like a lovely piece, I'm interested if it's not sold already. madhav_chandna(at)hotmail(dot)com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom