"The Perfect Day"

H

Hippie Dribble

1988. Fischer-Z.

long lost pop song that was a big hit in Australia in 1988 where it made it to #12 in the charts. As a teenager I really related to this sad song about loneliness and alienation, it spoke loudly to me and still does today. Alas, this lovely tune is all I know of this British band.

played this on a Jim Williams baritone ukulele. Thanks for listening folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJkDjcIJJPs

really nice, Jon - great delivery and pickin, as usual..... a well-written tune - have to check out the original.... I just did - clicked on the recommended clip thumbnail from your YT video page..... classic 80's pop, but just makes me like your more subtle and nuanced take on it even more.....

thankyou very much brothers and sister. I was a bit hesitant about putting this one up, thought the vocal was a bit maudlin, but I appreciate your encouragemnt guys, means a lot. This song really got to me back then. I feel that a mellow take fits well with the subject, but interpretations are pretty subjective eh. Anyway gang, many thanks. Off camping for the weekend, see you all next week!!!!

"I was a bit hesitant about putting this one up" WHAT? I agree with Camsuke, one of your best!

awesome job jon---but I have to say, you got me excited to hear you uking out on some lou reed. consider that a song request

I also like Jon's version better. Rock on, man.

But I have a question ... If you are doing 80s tunes, does that mean they're "olde-timey" now?

thanks guys. OK 'Perfect Day' and 'Room Service' are on the to-do list. :)

Brother pootsie, with technology moving as fast as it is, last year feels like ancient history sometimes! So yeah, this one is a bona fide golden odie :eek:ld:

Top Bottom