Painting my uke

imagesinthewind

Reaction score
I have a Rogue Baritone uke, please don't hate, i actually love the tone of this instrument...

Anyway, the uke is just painted with no extra finishing.
I was thinking about painting a big tribal thing, maybe tribal turtle or dolphin or just some tribal design, then put a coat of satin finish over it.

Like i said, i know its a cheap instrument, but for some reason the tone is very pleasing. Would the tone change a lot if i do this decoration and finish over it?

Thanks for any advice,

Ginny in CO

Why not? It's your uke, and you wouldn't be the first to do it. Go by a hobby/craft store and check out the art supplies. Sharpies may even answer your needs. You will need (probably) some type of clear coat to keep your art work on the uke and off your arm. Good luck and please be sure to post an image when youre done.

Aloha Ginny,
I too have the Rogue soprano and baritone...love the tone on both of them....happy strummings...

I'm an artist so i should be fine, but wondered about a change in tone.
Would there be a drastic tone change?

Ginny in CO

If the coats are thin, I doubt it'd have much effect. If you're worried, knock the current finish back a little, this will also help the paint to stick.

Go for it Ginny. I don't think that it would change the tone all that much. Make sure to post some pics!

Yes Ginny, go for it and share it with us...I too love to paint and draw...oh by the way, welcome to the UU forums...Happy Strummings and Happy Paintings I should say...
no forget to share with us afterwards...it will not change the tone....

Top Bottom