Hello Everyone

Contrails

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting here and so I think it is most appropriate to have it here. About 6 months ago I was stuck in LA due to some oversight on my part on my travel plans. Ended up not being able to fly up to Canada. However somehow or other I found myself in Sam Ash's store and bought myself a Mahogany with Spruce top Kala travel Tenor. I played the Guitar as a young kid for about 10 years and then totally stop all playing. Somehow on impulse I bought the ukulele and now have found myself totally hooked to it.

I recently added a Pono MC from HMS(Those guys there are absolutely awesome when it comes to customer service). Now I cant stop surfing online looking at ukes to buy. Talk about UAS!

This forum is amazing and I have learnt so much from all of you. Thank you all and have a nice day!

Ryan

Welcome! You've already discovered what a great site this is, and your uke collection is off to a good start.

Welcome to UU Ryan, glad you joined us. This is the place to help get youi UAS flaring up. So what type is next on your list?

Welcome to UU Ryan, glad you joined us. This is the place to help get youi UAS flaring up. So what type is next on your list?

A the moment I am considering one of these

1. Pono MS

2. Kala solid okoume long neck Soprano

3. Kala solid lacewood with spruce top

Currently I am more incline to no 2 because it has a concert neck with more frets to play with. The Pono MS is probably the best sounding but I already have a MC so they are too similar in certain ways. There is not much info out yet on the longneck as it is quiet new. If I were to get the long neck I would get hold of a bruko soprano to try as well.Talk about UAS

What do you guys think?

Later on I would like to add a Pono acacia tenor cutaway but at the moment I need to improve my playing skills first. Who knows I might even change my mind as I play more and get to know what I really like and dislike. In the future I am thinking of replacing my kala tenor travel with the solid acacia with slot head model. And restring one ofnthe tenors with a low G. I really love the koa/acacia sound.

Last edited:
Hi Ryan! Welcome to UU. It sounds like you got yourself some nice instruments to start you off on your ukulele journey. Well wishes for many merry moments with your ukes.

Top Bottom