My latest build, the decolele

Coquecigrue

Reaction score
Hello from France again everyone,

Here are some pictures of my latest uke (it's my 4th one).

This one's for my sister ; she wanted the hibiscus flower and the quilted maple, and I wanted the pseudo art-deco look, so here it is :

p1000487rn.jpg

p1000488k.jpg

p1000494l.jpg

p1000491o.jpg

It's made of quilted maple top, back and sides, a curly maple neck, malaysian blackwood headstock veneer and rosette, gold mother of pearl inlays (from Andy De Paule), indian rosewood fretboard and bridge and bloodwood bindings. The finish is french polish with platina shellac. And again it's made only with handtools.

Last edited:
And here's a link to a bit of sound (not very well played, as usual ;))

:)

What a gorgeous Uke! What a lucky sister you have.... I wish I was your long lost brother ;)

That's a really nice looking and sounding ukulele. The art deco design and quilted maple are excellent, I would love one like it. :drool:

Man -- looks and sounds great!

Well done. Your sister is one very lucky lady.

Thank you very much, I'm very pleased you like it ! :D

Next one will be for my other sister, a redwood-ziricote soprano with (hopefully) pink cherry flowers inlays ;) but very simple.
Not really art-deco I'm afraid, but I'll certainly make a few more like this one afterwards. I love the art deco style, it's been my favourite type of design for a long time.

(I can't figure out what happened here : my first post disappeared, and then reappeared... really weird.)

I am loving the headstock. It's a gorgeous instrument. Well done!

Nice work! I thought my bridge design was different, but it looks almost like yours. Oh well, great minds think alike...

WOW - fabulous work!

Top Bottom