"The Letter" - Strummin' Jen in a Cave again!

YogaJen

Reaction score
Aloha uke friends :)
I've been on vacation from work and have had the time and inspiration to make a few more videos. Hope you enjoy this one - it involved a day's walk to get to & from this cave, but was such a treat to get out into the calm of nature. The video was a spur of the moment thing, I happened to have my beaten-up old mahalo uke in my backpack, as is my norm, and the song surfaced from back in December when I started playing it and loving it - originally by the Box Tops back in 1967. Hope you enjoy.
Cheers from DownUnder - see you at UWC 2013!
Jen

Now there's something novel that I haven't seen yet... playing uke in a cave! Very nicely done, but I don't think the US Postal Service delivers letters to caves! ;-)

Petey

Aloha Peter :)
Novel it is ... for starters, caves aren't just around every corner! They are wondrous places though, and I discovered a year ago that they are amazing to record in - nature's own recording studios. The only problem is that they usually involve a lot of effort to get to them. This one was a 3 hour walk there, 3 hours back, up hill and down dale, out into no-person's country, and with a venomous black snake crossing the path along the way, as well as some kangaroos and wallabies hopping about. You're right - there wont be any postal service heading this way shortly! (but it's a great song and the first that came to mind that I could do from memory and in one take !

Hey wonderful Ukelites!
Yes, incredible acoustics in the cave, and so true about the uke - my hubby and I do a lot of adventurous bush-walking here DownUnder - you folks in the US call it hiking I suspect - and I have a beaten up old mahalo uke in my backpack, ready for any opportunity.
The ukulele really is an extraordinary thing - so much possibility in a tiny package - and don't we love it ! :)

Alooooooooha Signor Skidoo!
Thank you, yes, life has been so much more wonderful, exciting and joyful with an ukulele (or 3) by my side.
Our Blue MUGS band (Blue Mountains Ukulele Group) had a serious gig yesterday as part of opening the Sydney Festival. With 44 of us ("Artists") on stage, 8 with mics and 4 plugged-in ukes. We were asked to extend our time, that is, until we were asked to stop because they had exceeded the safe capacity of the space. It really was an absolute blast, and all thanks to the ukulele!
And yes, I'll be there at the UWC again, as early as possible - just try to keep me away!!!
Looking forward to seeing you and your family and all our family of ukers :)

PS Petey :)
Here's another cave video - something I cooked up a little earlier ;) - this time in an ocean cave, it was truly amazing!
Last summer holidays - a cave accessible only at low tide, and if you have the nerve to rock climb over cliffs and headlands. My husband is the adventuring type, he finds these gems and figures a way to get there, then he takes me too. I'm not naturally brave, but with practice I have become a little more confident with both rockclimbing and performing :)

Cheers,

Jen

Top Bottom