solid mahogany Lanikai tenor blem on EBAY $139 = ship

strumsilly

Reaction score
I bought one of these with a crack, and was very impressed. only 2 things I dont like, the edges are sharp{I sanded them down, and with the light satin finish you can't even tell. ]and I hate the sticker, thinking of taking it off. these are lightly built in Indonesia, and the binding and other maple accents are really nice. I would buy this if I didn't already have one. mine sounds great. thought I'd just pass this good deal on. solid tenor, under `150, no brainer. plus, if you contact Butler Music directly, you can get at least another 10% off. I am in no way affiliated with them, I just like a bargain
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LANIKAI-LM-...828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7cafb014

Last edited:
I bought one of these with a crack, and was very impressed. only 2 things I dont like, the edges are sharp{I sanded them down, and with the light satin finish you can't even tell. ]and I hate the sticker, thinking of taking it off. these are lightly built in Indonesia, and the binding and other maple accents are really nice. I would buy this if I didn't already have one. mine sounds great. thought I'd just pass this good deal on. solid tenor, under `150, no brainer. plus, if you contact Butler Music directly, you can get at least another 10% off. I am in no way affiliated with them, I just like a bargain
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LANIKAI-LM-...828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7cafb014

I once owned the solid mahogany Lanakai that I got from Musicians' Friend on the cheap. It was a smooth playing and nice sounding instrument I gave to my sister who used to sing with my father when he played ukulele. But that new gaudy sticker on the headstock that Lanakai now use is positively grotesque and distracting. I know because I bought a quilted ash concert Lanikai for my granddaughter but before I presented it I had a pretty custom sized shell fit in the cut out on the headstock.

I just played one of these locally. I was also impressed by it. Mine had smooth frets and i doubt it had been set up, so i just got lucky. The decal is indeed horrendous. But the uke had a very nice sound, and the action was very good.

I bought a Lanikai acoustic/electric tenor from Butler music two weeks ago. I like it for the plug-in part.
And just put an order for the Lanikai LKP-T (KOA tenor) [read UAS:rolleyes:]
Does anyone know how good this Lanikai LKP-T tenor could be.
I search youtube but found no sound sample.

I bought a Lanikai acoustic/electric tenor from Butler music two weeks ago. I like it for the plug-in part.
And just put an order for the Lanikai LKP-T (KOA tenor) [read UAS:rolleyes:]
Does anyone know how good this Lanikai LKP-T tenor could be.
I search youtube but found no sound sample.
It's a laminate, how it sounds is anybodies guess. I have several of their solid ukes, and I like them. I have one laminate 8 string that sounds great. I have had other models[solid zebra wood] that I THOUGHT SOUNDED KIND OF DEAD. let us know

The Lanikai LKP-T (KOA tenor) finally got home yesterday, I need to file the fret ends to get them smooth.
Then just tune up and play. It sounds really good to my ears, much better than the acoustic/electric model as it is made with KOA I guess. I will record some sound sample and post on youtube.

Top Bottom