Ohana CK-75G?

Paul December

Reaction score
:) Wow, what a pretty uke!
I don't know how many of these they have made, but there are very few reviews of them.
I did find a couple of negative comments calling the sound "thin", but don't know if they were judging recordings or real life.

TK75G_body-front.jpg

Thin?

I think they're making stuff up. Loud, soft, bright, dull, pretty, pretty ugly—OK. Thin? That's a way for reviewers to try and sound as though they know something the rest of us wish we did.

With a spruce top I imagine it's anything but thin. :)

I have one. It is my loudest ukulele (including a custom made Boat Paddle). It really shines on the bass end of things in my opinion. Ken Middleton has said in posts on this forum that he uses one to perform with specifically because it is loud and has great tone.

Nix

... Ken Middleton has said in posts on this forum that he uses one to perform with specifically because it is loud and has great tone.

Nix

And this is absolutely true. It is a wonderful uke for performing with others. It is able to "cut through the mix" really effectively because of the sparkling trebles and generally powerful dynamics. I take it to pretty much every festival. It is my uke of choice for the NAMM Show next week. It is the only one I am taking and most of the recording I do will be with this uke.

Watch out for some more recordings with Gerald Ross and myself, for instance. Gerald is working with us on the Ohana stand this year, so there will be plenty of opportunity to record something.

By the way, for all the people who have been recently asking where they can buy one of these ukes. We have a shipping coming in mid-February. If you still want one, place an order at your favourite uke store. I am sure that all the big dealers will try to get them in stock. Don't leave it too late though - they are like gold.

Last edited:
Top Bottom