Wah-Wah Technique and Effect on the Ukulele-ENJOY

Interesting you used the forearm.

I learned the wah-wah from the book "Hints & Tips for Advanced Ukulele Players (Hawaiian Style)" and I use the base of the thumb. One also has to find the ukulele's sweet spot for making the wah-wah work best. The wah-wah seems to work better on larger ukes (i.e. tenors).

cheers,

Petey

Nice to put this out there. I had learned about this a while back. liveukulele.com did a similar thing. I am able to get the effect out of my concerts, I aggree it whould probably work better on larger ukes but I dont have anything larger than a Concert to try it on.

Thanks.

Nice to put this out there. I had learned about this a while back. liveukulele.com did a similar thing. I am able to get the effect out of my concerts, I aggree it whould probably work better on larger ukes but I dont have anything larger than a Concert to try it on.

I've tried it on my sopranos and it's tricky and not as loud to maintain the sustain. I'm sure it'll be better on concerts. On my Martin style 2 tenor, it works like a charm.

I used this technique when I played guitar, but IMHO Ukuleles are a much more delicate instrument and I don't think it would be good for them in the long run.

Top Bottom