Koaloha KSM-02 Market/Interest Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuben

Reaction score
Koaloha KSM-02 Long Neck Soprano (concert scale) Taken off market.

I am considering selling, will post pictures this weekend if there is interest.
For those that may not know this model, it is the Koa Soprano with a concert scale neck. I've replaced the plastic saddle with natural bone and the action is low, plays effortlessly. Also I have added snakewood strap pins to the lower bout and heel.
Purchased in 2011 (I think the neck block stamp is 2010) from Acoustic Vibes in AZ, the uke is in amazing condition, no defects, no dings/scratches or other accidents, stored with humidifier. I've bought and sold a few ukes here on UU. PM me if you'd like further info. $550 OBO.
ksm1.jpgksm2.jpgksm3.jpgksm4.jpg

Last edited:
I think you should post pictures in your first post, along with a price, instead of asking who's interested. You'd probably get more interest right away.

I think you should post pictures in your first post, along with a price, instead of asking who's interested. You'd probably get more interest right away.
That's understood, I'm in the office without the uke, pics will be forthcoming.

Sorry all, having technical difficulties (read user) getting the pics up from my phone, working on it...

Last edited:
What part of Los Angeles are you in? If I could play it first, I might be interested.

–Lori

What part of Los Angeles are you in? If I could play it first, I might be interested.

–Lori

Hey Lori,
I'm in Brentwood, I used to play with your uke group for a short time.
PM me I'm around this weekend.

No offense intended, but those are some to the worst pics I've seen posted here. Can't tell much about the uke's condition at all. And sorry, for $550, I'm not that trusting of a person.

No offense intended, but those are some to the worst pics I've seen posted here. Can't tell much about the uke's condition at all. And sorry, for $550, I'm not that trusting of a person.

Agreed that the pics aren't the best, but stuben is definitely legit and I wouldn't have a problem dealing with him again.

-Steve

Agreed that the pics aren't the best, but stuben is definitely legit and I wouldn't have a problem dealing with him again.

Just curious, was it the Collings or the Moore Bettah that you bought from him sight unseen from UU Marketplace?

Good luck with your sell. I've never played a super soprano but I've heard they are pretty popular around here. By the way your pics aren't all that bad, maybe not the clearest but not everyone has a $500 camera laying around and I have seen worse pictures in the marketplace before.

Last edited:
Hey Lori,
I'm in Brentwood, I used to play with your uke group for a short time.
PM me I'm around this weekend.

Come back as I would love to meet you and share the love of ukes! I live in Cerritos so it should be real easy for you living in Brentwood.

I can't believe this hasn't been snapped up - mostly because I've had several people PM me out of the blue over the last couple of years asking me if I would sell mine...and just two or three weeks ago the guy who sold mine to me PM'd me to ask if he could buy it back.

I guess it could be the strap buttons putting people off, but if I didn't already have one of these I don't think I'd let the strap buttons stop me.

John

Well thanks all.
Agreed the pics aren't great, but I've seen worse on UU. Unfortunately my phone camera is junk I know, a new phone is on the way.
I'm a little surprised at the tone of some of these replies, though. Oh well, to each his own.
When I say the Uke does have not scratches dings or other defects, it doesn't. If there were problems, I would find a way of pointing them out, I believe in full disclosure. That's best for all parties.
I have not sold some of the ukes that another UUer mentioned on this site, but I have sold a Kala Acacia Concert, and a Kanilea Soprano here on UU in the last year, both of which were in exceptional condition, as is this Koaloha.

You know, it just occured to me, you might want to repost this with "Longneck soprano" clearly in the title - I bet a lot of people don't know KSM-02 from Adam even if they're looking for a KoAloha longneck soprano... Just a thought.

BTW - you can sometimes improve the pictures even from phone cameras if you have plenty of light. A lot of the graininess is "noise" caused because the signal coming off the CCD sensor is so weak it is down in the electrical noise floor. You might want to try putting the uke on a kitchen table under good strong light or even taking it outside in the sunlight (or, even better, in bright overcast).

In my experience clear pictures really do improve the chances of an item selling here.

John

Hi Stu

Thanks for letting me come over and play the KoAloha. It is a very pretty uke, and it sounds great. It has that sparkly sound on the open g string, really nice. It's in excellent condition too. I'm so tempted... if I didn't already have a custom on it's way (and too little room at home in the uke closet), it would be mine. I need to sell a few perhaps....

–Lori

I had on of those, and clearly it is a great uke... I agree with previous message, post with KoAloha soprano Long neck in the title...
I sold mine (quite easily) because I bought a custom pineapple long neck, but the KSM002 is really a cool instrument, soprano sound with comfortable neck !

Well thanks all.
Agreed the pics aren't great, but I've seen worse on UU. Unfortunately my phone camera is junk I know, a new phone is on the way.
I'm a little surprised at the tone of some of these replies, though. Oh well, to each his own.
When I say the Uke does have not scratches dings or other defects, it doesn't. If there were problems, I would find a way of pointing them out, I believe in full disclosure. That's best for all parties.
I have not sold some of the ukes that another UUer mentioned on this site, but I have sold a Kala Acacia Concert, and a Kanilea Soprano here on UU in the last year, both of which were in exceptional condition, as is this Koaloha.

Sorry if you thought my tone was wrong. I was just trying to offer advice to help you get your uke sold. The pics were blurry, and you couldn't tell from them if there was a defect or not, even if one had been pointed out. As for having a $500 camera, Mark, I don't have one either, but my iphone 3gs takes much better pics than this, as is evidenced by looking at the pics of my ukes taken in my profile. Just sayin'.

BTW, new pics look MUCH better. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom