Need info on yasuma tiple

droppingplatez808

Reaction score
Need help figuring out what I have..

So my aunty had a few ukuleles lying around in her house and there was one that caught my eye. After further inspection, inside it said "k. yasuma" and 560941 on the inside. It has 10 steel strings and uses string pegs on the bridge. That's just about all I can figure out.

Anyone have idea on the exact model of this as well as other pertinent information?

1002220 K TASUMA (10-STRING, TENOR,HARD CASE,GOOD CONDITION) (6).jpg1002220 K TASUMA (10-STRING, TENOR,HARD CASE,GOOD CONDITION) (2).jpg1002220 K TASUMA (10-STRING, TENOR,HARD CASE,GOOD CONDITION) (4).jpg1002220 K TASUMA (10-STRING, TENOR,HARD CASE,GOOD CONDITION) (5).jpg

Last edited:
All I can tell you is that it looks much different than my Yasuma tiple. Mine doesn't have a mahogany soundboard (I think it's spruce), and it doesn't have those string pegs below the bridge. All I know about Yasuma tiples is that they made copies of Martin tiples until Martin's lawyers made them stop. I bought mine used, so I don't know anything about how old it is. I would think that yours was an older model, except that it has a higher serial number than mine.

Mine is 500968. It is all mahogany, but does not have the pick guards on the front bout. It could be someone had added on some clear plastic for protection.The tail piece is also different, but should give a better sound with the pinned strings.

Both my Martin T-18 and my Yasuma have been taken off of steel strungs. They are both strung with Aquila Taropatch (8 strings) tenor Dd GgG BbB EE and a couple of other strings. It is easier on it to pull nylagut than to pull steel strings

The Yasuma you have is almost a Martin copy of the T17. Although they are identical size-wise, The Yasuma has a more pleasant tone.

The number on mine is 501225. This is a picture I found on-line of a Yasuma tiple -- mine looks like this one.

Yasuma Tiple.jpg

Yasuma Tiple

I have a Yasuma tiple that I got around 78/79 from the distributors here in the UK, Barnes and Mullins. It's essentially a copy of a Martin T28, spruce top, rosewood back and sides and a pinless bridge. The serial number is 530766. I have used it over the years in string bands and am going to introduce it into my uke band.

Top Bottom