808UkeJams on Maui

pekelo

Reaction score
A highlight on this ‘work’ trip was visiting the 808 Uke Jam
(www.808UkeJams.com) at the Keolahou Church, located at 177 S. Kīhei Rd last night. If you ever have a Maui vacation coming up –this is a treat if you can check this out. Kealoha has a lot of great stories on how this uke group has grown!
If you don’t mind singing Hawaiian songs, there’s a lot of cool uke energy going on here.
I also stopped in to say hi to C.R. at www.meleukulele.com
This was cool too. Now-a-days, there’s a lot of uke teachers here, but 2 of them that were posted up at Mele Uke were Wayne Perry (www.mauiguitarukulele.com) & Mele (www.ukulelemeleonmaui.com )
I also stopped in to Bounty & finally got 2 more uke straps
One by R.L. Saul (wrap around & hook) & the other is the Kala uke strap that needs the endpin/phone/amp jack.
Next stop is to Lanai – any uke jams going on there?
Aloha
pekelo
pekelosbooks.com

Definitely, one of our favorite things to do while on Maui and its only a mile or so from our condo. We even have a Kohala concert hanging on the wall with a tuner, song book and directions to the church for our guests to use. Not sure if anyone has taken us up on it yet but we were there with my family last fall and the day after we went, two of my family bought an ukulele and guitar from Bounty. It was a highlight for them for sure.

Top Bottom