My Sun uke

finkdaddy

Reaction score
This is a tenor uke I just finished for someone on the east coast. It's part of a matching Sun and Moon set. I'm still working on the Moon uke, but it should be done in a week or two.
This one is Myrtle with a Cedar top, Rosewood bindings and bridge, and an Ebony fretboard.
It was a lot of fun to make and I can't wait to take some better pictures of the set together.
Special thanks again to everyone here who has inspired me to do better and who's advice has proven invaluable!

Attachments

• IMAG0658.jpg
    IMAG0658.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMAG0659.jpg
    IMAG0659.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMAG0661.jpg
    IMAG0661.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMAG0662.jpg
    IMAG0662.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMAG0663.jpg
    IMAG0663.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 130
Very, very nice. I like it.

I normally don't dig tons of inlay, but this is super sweet. Lovely. Did you make an extra by chance?

Very pretty! I really like it!

Beautifully made and really neat inlay work.
Could the bridge have been a bit smaller ? (I'm no expert, so feel free to shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong).

Great build though !
No, I think you're right about the bridge. But I had a bunch of bridges out on my table, and that's the one they picked out, so... It is pretty thin, though, so other than aesthetics I think it worked pretty well. But you are not the first person to say that on my last couple of builds, so I will definitely be reducing the footprint on future builds.
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Gorgeous instrument. I too normally prefer plainer instruments, but would certainly make an exception in this case. (Love the gold tuners they are so "sunny").

Now, let me guess, the Moon has a crescent shaped sound hole.... and stars where the clouds are on this one? And the moon one has silver coloured tuners. Am I right? :cool:

like the clouds they are a nice touch cant wait to see the set

Top Bottom