chord progressions

kensukes

Reaction score
hi all,here are some siple chord progressions,they come up all the time in songs,they are the 1 ,4,5,6,chords,dont get confused ,its quite simple,if you can count up to 8, lets take the key of c,this is the 1 chord.
c,d,e,f,g,a,b,c. if the 1 chord is C,then the 4 chord is F,the 5 chord is G.the 6 A .the 7 B .and the 8 is C. in this case i wont go too deep.just lets say ,,C,D minor,E minor,F, G,A minor ,B minor, andC,
so the 1,4,5,6,,progression will be,,C, A minor, F, G,thats putting the 6th A minor chord in the second place,just learn this progression till you can plat it without thinking or looking at what your doing,there are 100s of songs with this progression out there,once you can do this prog then you can transpose into any other key,
songs normally have a middle 8,and change slightly ,but nearly always come back to this progression,,try,, dream,everlys,this boy beatles,it dosnt take long to learn, best of luck,

chord progs

hi gkk ,ken here,yes very similar,better than mine in fact,all good stuff.
i didnt want to get too deep,keep it simple,

I keep printouts of Uncle Rod's bootcamp hanging on my fridge for some quick practice.

I basically do the same thing but describe it a little differently.
the 1,4 & 5 chords are major
2, 3 & 6 are minor
7 is diminished
the pattern repeats at 8, so you only have count to 7. :cool:

Top Bottom