do you think some ukes are overpriced?

Oh, that's funny. Thanks for the first laugh of the day. I received the exact same uke less than a week ago - what a bargain at less than $50! For a while - I don't know if it's still there - Amazon had a pack of Aquilas for something like $600, or maybe it was $900.

Yeah, I have had similar experience buying books from Amazon. Used books - not even rare books - listed for hundreds of dollars, when the same book was on Abebooks for $10-$20.

Must be a limited edition color! Priceless!

I was going to buy a book there the other day. Price asked for used copy, 1991 edition: 500 dollars! Supposedly because it's "rare"?? You can buy the exact same copy, same edition, for 25 dollars if you order it from the editor. Only new, not used. lol

Amazon uses a pricing algorithm on many of its items to achieve an ideal mix of volume and profit on its items. So on thinly traded merchandise, prices can move dramatically sometimes.

In the case of the OP's link, looks like a merchant didn't want to delete their listing in their Marketplace account, and just left it as a placeholder at $9999.

I ordered five - need to get them before the price goes up again!

I know the Red Dolphins are highly prized, but WOW! :)

Says right there, "Easy on the wallet".

LOL, you guys kill me...

You haven't heard about the global shortage of red? Kala has cornered the market. Valentine's Day is going to be a back-breaker!

I will say one thing for Amazon they do honor listed price. I order K cups from them fairly regularly, I came across a listing that I knew was way low ,about $50 actually. The next day the price was back to normal and I was waiting for the apoligeetic e mail when the product arrived with an invoice at the low price . The do service the customer nicely.

I will say one thing for Amazon they do honor listed price. I order K cups from them fairly regularly, I came across a listing that I knew was way low ,about $50 actually. The next day the price was back to normal and I was waiting for the apoligeetic e mail when the product arrived with an invoice at the low price . The do service the customer nicely.

True. I had the same thing happen with a clarinet.

I've got several new in the box (even discontinued burst color) I will sell for far less.

K cups? what are those? you mean like these?

View attachment 47871

Top Bottom