whos Uking right now??!

DB Ukes

Reaction score
Whos Uking right now?! what you playing? what style are you playing? how many of you people sitting back enjoying some uking today? we wanna know! where doing some originals on baritone then some mumford covers :-D much love!

Well, right now, when I could be uking, I am replying!! And here's the funny thing: when I typed "uking", the auto-correct changed it to "using" - like an addiction, which it is. How did it know? Anyway, off to work, then later, uking and practicing for my lesson tomorrow - both strumming (I hate Bb) and picking.

yeah dude I am, takin a quick break to see what's up on the interwebs.
I just learned how to play the Fisherman's Blues by the Waterboys so that's what I'm playin right now, its so cool that such an awesome song is so easy play!
I'm a noob so I'm just strummin and playin the chords along to the song, but its fun!

Edit: here's the tabs with a YouTube recording of the song, in case you don't know how it goes, super cool song

http://scorpexuke.com/songs/Fishermans_Blues.pdf.php

Last edited:
I've been working on jazzy chords all morning. Thanks to some basic jazz uke videos on YouTube, starting with UU's very own Gerald Ross' Introduction to swing.

Yes! Early morning and night before I nod off are my main times. This morning I've played around with these, alternating between a concert and a banjo uke. Style? Don't think I have one - except for the tongue stuck out of the side of my mouth and the occasional curses. That scorpex site is a treasure trove.

I'm not in Love, 10CC
Life on Mars, Bowie
Tiny Dancer, John
Two of Us, Beatles
Midnight Confessions, Grass Roots
Friday on My Mind, Easybeats
Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, John

good to see some people uking out there! after working through half of mumford and sons babel album me and my associate thought its high time we made a winter video! just finished recording so as soon as its on youtube you lot will be the first i tell! in the mean time i still wanna know what you lot are playing and have a listen to this.
DB Ukes - Attente
http://youtu.be/2ai3Z_R4lm4

Dan & Ben, what is it with you two and semi-dark videos? "Say it loud in the light and proud!" to paraphrase James Brown! ;)

Dan & Ben, what is it with you two and semi-dark videos? "Say it loud in the light and proud!" to paraphrase James Brown! ;)

Lol well... One night after a couple me and Ben decided to get recorded versions of our songs done coz we'd make the song then forget it so its a bit of a musical memory aid then we decided to just get them on to YouTube to see the response. We've got for dark recordings but have just recorded a new video to a new song! That should be online tommorow afternoon once you tubes finalised it!

Top Bottom