PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Area

DavidA
01-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Are there any Uke Groups in the Cincinnati area? I'm in Loveland.

Jinxi
01-27-2013, 02:44 AM
I think the Willis Music store in Kenwood has a club that meets once a month. The Willis Music in Florence, definitely has a group. There is also a group that meets in Delhi (I think that's where it is, I'm fuzzy on the details but I can ask a few peeps for some info if you'd like). Then there is my lovely lovely group of D'Ukes who meet twice a month in Franklin.

DavidA
02-03-2013, 02:26 AM
I think the Willis Music store in Kenwood has a club that meets once a month. The Willis Music in Florence, definitely has a group. There is also a group that meets in Delhi (I think that's where it is, I'm fuzzy on the details but I can ask a few peeps for some info if you'd like). Then there is my lovely lovely group of D'Ukes who meet twice a month in Franklin.

I will check it out

Pondoro
02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
I can get you in touch with the Delhi group. We also meet in Batavia sometimes. And the Franklin group is lovely.

Both the Delhi group and the Franklin groups feature beer, whereas the Willis Music group probably does not. If that makes a difference.

Both groups play everything from Tin Pan Alley through the latest hits with soft rock, classic rock, hard rock, blues, bluegrass and country all represented.

Pondoro
02-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Bumping this, we meet tomorrow in Batavia.

LBColosimo
03-07-2013, 01:33 AM
Are there any Uke Groups in the Cincinnati area? I'm in Loveland.

Hi David, So far the best you can do is join the monthly Willis Music Uke clubs. Each store has a different night of the month. Check with them. I go to the Florence Store the second Tuesday of the month.

If you want to join a fun acoustic jam, come to NKY Unplugged. We also meet monthly. It's an assortment of musicians and music styles. Free and lots of fun. Bring your uke and jam with us. Music is provided. Look up the group on the Cincinnati Meetup Site or on Facebook. We are planning to have the World's Largest Acoustic Jam at Devou Park sometime within the year. Should be fun!

I have started a high school Uke Club at Beechwood in Ft. Mitchell. It's taking off like a rocket. I am on here looking for local groups as well...in the hope that I can get some inspiration for these kids!

Good Luck!

Pondoro
03-09-2013, 03:05 AM
Dayton Ukes (actually meets in Franklin) today at 4 at the Franklin Tavern.