First time out with a Dobro - not a Uke in sight

Barbablanca

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is the first song I have written on my Dobro. I hope you like it.

Lyrics:

Give me just a little more time

Hold back on that tolling bell,
Keep those demons down in hell!
Don’t go buying no quick lime.

Give me just a little more time (x2)
Hear my plea in prose or rhyme.
Give me just a little more time.

I guess that I am due below,
But I’d love to see my children grow.
Let me feel that Grace Sublime,

CHORUS & Instrumental

I know there’s no use to strive,
No-one gets to leave here alive.
But I feel I've just got into my prime.

CHORUS

Loved this Berni!
Great hat.
Acoustics are always good in the small room.

Hat at Purnululu National Park Western Australia and Daly Waters Pub Northern Territory and in my avitar.
P1070595.jpgIMGP4363.jpg

I had tried standard slide technique several times before and given up. Then a friend lent me one of these and suggested I try putting the baby across my lap! It was a revelation. I am now trying to learn the blues scales on all three sets of strings. I'm in open G tuning so it is tuned D G D G B D - to do that I would really recommend this video - and a memory younger than 59 ;) - In the video he plays in Open D, BTW.... but the lessons learned can be applied to open G easily.

A great sounding song. Nice playing.

I've had to holler "Give me just a little more time," whilst sitting on the toilet, myself.

I had tried standard slide technique several times before and given up. Then a friend lent me one of these and suggested I try putting the baby across my lap! It was a revelation. I am now trying to learn the blues scales on all three sets of strings. I'm in open G tuning so it is tuned D G D G B D - to do that I would really recommend this video - and a memory younger than 59 ;) - In the video he plays in Open D, BTW.... but the lessons learned can be applied to open G easily.
I read in a book about Roy Smeck that the Hawaiian lap steel is incredibly hard to learn to play......

Top Bottom