PDA

View Full Version : NorCal Uke Fest . . .

Kanaka916
01-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Will be held on April 7, 2013 @ Chabot College Campus, 25555 Hesperian Blvd. in Hayward CA. More info and updates can be found here (http://www.ukulelefestivalnorcal.org/index.htm). See you guys there!

gyosh
01-21-2013, 03:35 AM
Will be held on April 7, 2013 @ Chabot College Campus, 25555 Hesperian Blvd. in Hayward CA. More info and updates can be found here (http://www.ukulelefestivalnorcal.org/index.htm). See you guys there!

Hey Danny . . see you there!

bkmdano
01-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Hey Danny . . see you there!

Gary ...

I'll be dressed in black and performing with the Kapalakiko Workshop Band. See you there ...

Danny

gyosh
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Gary ...

I'll be dressed in black and performing with the Kapalakiko Workshop Band. See you there ...

Danny

Names will be easy to remember:)

Looking forward to it!

Kanaka916
01-29-2013, 03:00 AM
Anodda Danny . . . Gary, I don't think he knows you weren't responding to that Danny . . . lol! Definitely see ya there.

mds725
02-04-2013, 08:26 AM
I'll be there, also performing with the Kapalakiko Workshop Band (http://www.kapalakiko.org/Kapalakiko/Home.html) (1:00 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.) See everyone there!

erivel
02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
I'll try to make it again this year.

Kanaka916
02-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Look for me if you make it . . .

Gillian
02-15-2013, 09:00 AM
I see the forms for performers, scholarships and vendors, but I can't find the link on the website to pre-order tickets, can you help?

Thanks.

Kanaka916
02-15-2013, 10:31 AM
I see the forms for performers, scholarships and vendors, but I can't find the link on the website to pre-order tickets, can you help?

Thanks.
You're right, I guess they forgot to include it. Try contacting them using the following email: ukulelefestivalnorcal@gmail.com . . .

dbcali
02-27-2013, 01:37 PM
looking forward to it...it's been a while...

NoKaOi
03-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi NorCal folks-

I just received email reply from NorCal Ukulele Festival Coordinator, Sarah Kama’i-Paler, with .pdf form for early tickets -- $10 advanced/ postmarked by 3/15 -- & it's $15 @ the door..

It's unclear why the form &/or more info is not available on the site, but if someone clues me in (MOD HELP) on the mechanics, I can post here or fwd anyone interested in attending & obtaining inside admittance at a discount, a copy!

Would be a blast to hook up with a group there - I'll likely roll out to Hayward somewhere ~the noon'ish (have non-modifiable morning agenda..) hour, so hope that's not too late for any potential UU meet 'n greet!

Hope to meet some fellow NorCal Uke enthusiasts there on the 7th!

Malama pono,

NKO

edit - tried to attach form, but it's 59.x kb file size exceeded the permitted 19.x kb allowed size. Guess that's for a tincy weency txt file(?)

Gillian
03-18-2013, 07:54 PM
I want the people who put on this festival to know that I and my husband gave up our tickets to the Sharks vs. Dallas hockey game, and we are hardcore hockey fans!! That is how much we enjoy this festival. Thanks to all whose hard work goes into making it such fun.

Are all us UUers going to try to rendezvous again this year?

danged
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
The Aloha Warehouse will be one of the many Ukulele Vendors at the Festival. We will be featuring Kanile'a/Islander, Ko'olau/Pono, Kamoa ukuleles.
Drop by and say "Aloha" and receive a FREE Ukulele Underground Sticker! :iwant:
Our retail store is located in San Francisco, and we carry Kanile'a, Kamaka, Ko'olau, Islander, Pono, Kamoa, Moku, Makai and Kala brands of ukulele. We have a full line of Ukulele cases, including MONO "Choice of Professionals" and strings, by Aquila, Ko'olau, D'Addario, Kamaka.

mds725
03-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Yay! Aloha Warehouse is da bomb. See you there!

The Aloha Warehouse will be one of the many Ukulele Vendors at the Festival. We will be featuring Kanile'a/Islander, Ko'olau/Pono, Kamoa ukuleles.
Drop by and say "Aloha" and receive a FREE Ukulele Underground Sticker! :iwant:
Our retail store is located in San Francisco, and we carry Kanile'a, Kamaka, Ko'olau, Islander, Pono, Kamoa, Moku, Makai and Kala brands of ukulele. We have a full line of Ukulele cases, including MONO "Choice of Professionals" and strings, by Aquila, Ko'olau, D'Addario, Kamaka.

wadleysf
03-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Yay! Aloha Warehouse is da bomb. See you there!

I second that! Hope to see you there Edgar (and fellow UUers)!

808boy
03-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Eh, Bruddah Danny, call me when you get there so I can find you. I'll have my Wixom Uke shirt on, forgot my UU shirts in Maui........................Bo..................

mds725
03-29-2013, 08:49 PM
The performance schedule is now up on the festival's website: http://ukulelefestivalnorcal.org/Performance%20Schedule%202013.pdf
The Kapalakiko Hawaiian Music Workshop Band is playing from 1:00 to 1:10, and the J-Town Hui is playing from 4:20 to 4:30. The Side Order Band, for which Chris Kamaka plays bass, is on from 3:50 to 4:00.

Kanaka916
03-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Eh, Bruddah Danny, call me when you get there so I can find you. I'll have my Wixom Uke shirt on, forgot my UU shirts in Maui........................Bo..................
Shoots . . . what time you plan on being there?

Tigeralum2001
03-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Dang; I missed pre-order! They need to work on the website- update it sooner with bands, vendors still aren't listed & the lack of ability to buy tickets online is also a problem.

That said, I enjoyed it last year and am looking forward to it again.

gyosh
03-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Dang; I missed pre-order! They need to work on the website- update it sooner with bands, vendors still aren't listed & the lack of ability to buy tickets online is also a problem.

That said, I enjoyed it last year and am looking forward to it again.

Me too!

I hope they have a lot of tickets at the door.

Tigeralum2001
04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure if I'll drag the family with me; the kids have a hard time sitting through the performances, but they love the food!

Last year I sent my wife to check out Graziano's booth. She was looking at pictures of his previous work when a huge gust of wind hit and it blew a $1200 soprano clear out of it's stand, off the table, at about shoulder height. Somehow she reflexively caught it by its neck in mid air! He takes it from her and strums it a minute and says "Wow, thanks! That was almost really bad!" I told her she should have offered him $600 for it as it would have been a pile of splinters had it hit the ground! ;) The vendor next to him wasn't as lucky, they lost several breakable items in that wind gust.

Anyhow, I'm looking to reconnect with some of the folks from Jay's Uke Jam and meet some new people. Only a few days left!

electrauke
04-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Cannot wait, my dad is taking me on a uke festival spree, first the NorCal uke fest, then Reno.

JoeUke
04-04-2013, 09:59 AM
We'll be there again this year with some new Uke Company t-shirts! Stop by the booth, say hi and hang out. Last year we had a great time meeting some of you.

Here's a preview some of the new designs.

Joe

hawaii 50
04-04-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure if I'll drag the family with me; the kids have a hard time sitting through the performances, but they love the food!

Last year I sent my wife to check out Graziano's booth. She was looking at pictures of his previous work when a huge gust of wind hit and it blew a $1200 soprano clear out of it's stand, off the table, at about shoulder height. Somehow she reflexively caught it by its neck in mid air! He takes it from her and strums it a minute and says "Wow, thanks! That was almost really bad!" I told her she should have offered him $600 for it as it would have been a pile of splinters had it hit the ground! ;) The vendor next to him wasn't as lucky, they lost several breakable items in that wind gust.

Anyhow, I'm looking to reconnect with some of the folks from Jay's Uke Jam and meet some new people. Only a few days left!

Man CJ I was there too,that is where I met Tony G. was it cold or what..Say Hi to Tony for me..tell I think his ukes are beautiful and the sound very nice too..

only one year ago..I knew none of you then and seems like everyone I know in the bay area shows up there,have fun

Gillian
04-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Weather forecast says a chance of showers. Temp around 60 degrees.

No matter the weather, it's always a good time.

electrauke
04-06-2013, 08:52 AM
WOO HOO, cannot wait till tommorow, it is gonna be a blast. Is there going to be a UU time just for us UUers?

NoKaOi
04-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Aloha-
was wondering the same thing with respect to a prospective UU gathering(?)

Weather looks chilly (~mid-60's) but just a moderate chance of gettin wet (20%) - hopin' Pele shows & rolls out Mr. Sun! :cool:

I'll be wearin' a "Paia, Maui Ukulele Festival" shirt, have a shaved head, & will be accompanied by my much prettier "Uke attendant.." :shaka:

See y'all there!
Sean (NKO)

WOO HOO, cannot wait till tommorow, it is gonna be a blast. Is there going to be a UU time just for us UUers?

electrauke
04-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Aloha-
was wondering the same thing with respect to a prospective UU gathering(?)

Weather looks chilly (~mid-60's) but just a moderate chance of gettin wet (20%) - hopin' Pele shows & rolls out Mr. Sun! :cool:

I'll be wearin' a "Paia, Maui Ukulele Festival" shirt, have a shaved head, & will be accompanied by my much prettier "Uke attendant.." :shaka:

See y'all there!
Sean (NKO)

Awesome, see you there.

gyosh
04-06-2013, 08:12 PM
I'll be wearing some UU shirt.

And this description has worked well in the past: "Just look for the biggest Japanese guy you've most likely ever seen before." This is how some friends of a friend found me at a Niner game. I'll probably have a Reunion Blues case strapped on my back (just for show; my playing needs some help).

Or you can yell "Gary!" and see if I turn around :)

electrauke
04-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I'll be wearing some UU shirt.

And this description has worked well in the past: "Just look for the biggest Japanese guy you've most likely ever seen before." This is how some friends of a friend found me at a Niner game. I'll probably have a Reunion Blues case strapped on my back (just for show; my playing needs some help).

Or you can yell "Gary!" and see if I turn around :)

Awesome, will try that.

electrauke
04-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Having a blast, met some fellow UUers.

808boy
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Aloha gyosh, and TigerAlum,
Was nice to have met you guys. Now I have a face to go with the UU names.
Bruddah Danny,
Sorry I missed you, got a late start this A.M. Catch you later at Kanikapila..........................Bo............ ...
Huhu at myself for not taking pix with Gary and CJ to post here.............

Kanaka916
04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Hopefully hook up on da 19th . . .

808boy
04-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Hopefully hook up on da 19th . . .
Big Rajah on dat..............

Gillian
04-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Real good day. Mahalo to all who put this festival together and to the performers.

I feel sorry for the guy who isn't cradling the Kamaka tenor in his arms because he left early!

gyosh
04-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Real good day. Mahalo to all who put this festival together and to the performers.

I feel sorry for the guy who isn't cradling the Kamaka tenor in his arms because he left early!

Dammit!!! .

gyosh
04-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Good time seeing UU'ers I've met before and getting to meet some new people also. Nice meeting you Andre and Adrian, especially cool finally meeting 808boy!!!

"See you" on the threads.

NoKaOi
04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
You mean "GUYS!!" Couldn't believe they called TWO guys with same sur-name, both of whom were passed over after the "going thrice" signal was given! I was thinking that (I'd assumed they were brothers) bro #2 was gonna pop in & cop that Uke, then catch he!! from bro #one!! Poor "Bartholomew bros.. :(

Anyway, sorry I didn't find any of you folks -- probably psyched y'all since I was freezing (I only thrive on island climate..) & had the skull-cap covering my skin head all day long -- I was scopin' the grounds & theater for Andre & Gary (well, from your descriptive above, anyway..) but obviously to no avail.. I'd have looked for you too, 808, but didn't have idea what to search for(?)

There were some great performances! However, I honestly expected more from the vendors, several of whom were downright rude ... as I heard a complaint (the vendor will remain anonymous, but they had about the biggest booth out there..) of "I ain't sold nuthin 'cept strings & straps" from the main guy. You wanna move some goods, a bit of "alo)(a" certainly goes a long way! I will say, the guy from Allegro Music in Fremont & his bud ... the Fender, Hammer, Gretsch rep guy -- were some seriously good people! The Kamaka folks were also mighty chipper & full'a smiles.. :)

My sole purchase: one "Uke Crazy" Tenor, Alligator case with the 'kitschy' hygrometer/thermometer on top of the accessories box -- Great deal ... mahalo, Allergo dude !

Anyway, hHope to connect with some of you Bay Area folks sometime in the future!
Sean (NKO)

electrauke
04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
You mean "GUYS!!" Couldn't believe they called TWO guys with same sur-name, both of whom were passed over after the "going thrice" signal was given! I was thinking that (I'd assumed they were brothers) bro #2 was gonna pop in & cop that Uke, then catch he!! from bro #one!! Poor "Bartholomew bros.. :(

Anyway, sorry I didn't find any of you folks -- probably psyched y'all since I was freezing (I only thrive on island climate..) & had the skull-cap covering my skin head all day long -- I was scopin' the grounds & theater for Andre & Gary (well, from your descriptive above, anyway..) but obviously to no avail.. I'd have looked for you too, 808, but didn't have idea what to search for(?)

There were some great performances! However, I honestly expected more from the vendors, several of whom were downright rude ... as I heard a complaint (the vendor will remain anonymous, but they had about the biggest booth out there..) of "I ain't sold nuthin 'cept strings & straps" from the main guy. You wanna move some goods, a bit of "alo)(a" certainly goes a long way! I will say, the guy from Allegro Music in Fremont & his bud ... the Fender, Hammer, Gretsch rep guy -- were some seriously good people! The Kamaka folks were also mighty chipper & full'a smiles.. :)

My sole purchase: one "Uke Crazy" Tenor, Alligator case with the 'kitschy' hygrometer/thermometer on top of the accessories box -- Great deal ... mahalo, Allergo dude !

Anyway, hHope to connect with some of you Bay Area folks sometime in the future!
Sean (NKO)

Aw, that is too bad, wish I would have found you. Every festival UUers should have a time and place to meet.

electrauke
04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
It was awesome meeting mds and Tigeralum. Gillian was awesome too, everyone was, hope to see everyone again.

gyosh
04-07-2013, 07:08 PM
It was awesome meeting mds and Tigeralum. Gillian was awesome too, everyone was, hope to see everyone again.

gyosh = chopped liver

:)

hawaii 50
04-07-2013, 07:09 PM
gyosh = chopped liver

Hey Gary so sorry! I miss you >>> Lol

gyosh
04-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Hey Gary so sorry! I miss you >>> Lol

Thanks Len. I feel much better now. :)

808boy
04-07-2013, 07:39 PM
gyosh = chopped liver

Nah Bruddah, more like Sashimi, lmao.....................Bo...................

electrauke
04-07-2013, 07:50 PM
gyosh = chopped liver

Oh my gosh, that was so funny because the whole time while writing that post I was thinking about you :)