"Turkey In The Straw"

H

Hippie Dribble

traditional. American fiddle-tune.

hi gang!!! Just got back from a weekend with the family at Bruny Island, a gorgeous little place off the south-east Tasmanian mainland. Such precious memories for me there, as it's where I spent much of my childhood. Anyway, I made a big (for me) technological leap with this clip as it's the first time I've worked out how to do a proper edited video of sorts...very simple, as it's just a bunch of stillshots put together, but is quite a lovely memory to have for us.

the music is "Turkey In The Straw", recorded at home with 2 ukes, a bass and a chicken egg. Hope you enjoy it!!! :)

Nice one Jon. How cold is the water off Tasmania? Is it summer swimmable, or even all year round swimmable. Or is it wetsuit or forget it.

Beautiful looking area that. I 'd love to drag one of those boats out and sit bobbing up and down on the waves playing a Uke in time to the swell.

Nice rendition and photo montage. Ya can't help but smile and tap your foot while listening to Turkey in the Straw. :)

Aloha Eugene,
Wondered where you went....did you take the ferry and go to Dennes point....woo hooo real nice place and affordable home prices..http://www.brunyisland.net/
glad you had a great time....woo hoo is that near kathleen island????? hmmmm
Nice playing and video too..:)

Last edited:
thanks for watching guys. Berni, the water is summer swimmable, though some may disagree. Most folks get in the water with just their bathers. I had a good swim while we were there, so did my son, though the girls were more reluctant...he he. Stan, you've obviously done your research mate! Yep we got the ferry over to and stayed at Dennes Point, the main populated area on the north end of the island.

Top Bottom