2008 covey sapele walnut ukulele WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

locust19@hotmail.com

Reaction score
essentially brand new beautiful handmade baritone uke. lovely woods lovely tone...the label says tenor but it is the same size and scale as a baritone
sapele top, walnut with sap wood back and sides laminate neck. i do no have a case but will professionally pack
$450
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25814925@N02/

for pics

edit...sorry for calling it a baritone but apparently it really is a tenor uke 430 mm scale...still super nice

Last edited:
yes also for sale but in the mid 5 grand if you are interested.

3091569480_d71b552bb9.jpg

3091566972_51d9f9f0fa.jpg

3091563116_c22261eb0f.jpg

3091564786_c83b629584.jpg

oh and here are the pics on the uke

What is the scale length and nut width?
How is the action?
Just curious;
but I do have new Koa Pili Koko tenor in h/case just in from MGM.
It is nice, but i like longer scale.

the nut width is 1 1/2 inches
the scale lenghth is about 430mm
lower bought is 8 inches
depth is 3 1/4
action to me is nice and low but i am really a guitar guy and just now getting into the ukes
the label says tenor but to me it measures the same size as a baritone so i don't think it is a long scale tenor. i ordered a case for a tenor and mf sent be 2 of them and neither fit.

yes, that's the same uke I got and same dealer; mgm. I played it only a couple times.
I am looking for a bari with a 19" scale, and a tenor with an 18" scale.

were I happy with the KoaPiliKoko scale, 17.125", I 'd say it was a great uke for me, but a little short.
I believe Kelii who makes them (imported), used to have a bit longer tenor scale. It looks great and sounds great.

heck then i'll change the title to tenor uke. i am new to ukes anyway. why in the heck will the thing not fit in the tenor cases from musicians friend?
they are supposed to be tenor cases but they are too small for the uke

yes, that's the same uke I got and same dealer; mgm. I played it only a couple times.
I am looking for a bari with a 19" scale, and a tenor with an 18" scale.

were I happy with the KoaPiliKoko scale, 17.125", I 'd say it was a great uke for me, but a little short.
I believe Kelii who makes them (imported), used to have a bit longer tenor scale. It looks great and sounds great.
If you're wanting to sell/trade, I would suggest making a separate thread in this section.

it may be a wider body?
or unconventional total length. '
My long scale tenors need baritone cases, even though they are just a tad too long for tenor case.
so, they leave a lot of room in the bari case.
You will find most companies and builders stick to "conventional" measure, but some just wont fit.

no longer for sale...decided to keep it for you could not get another handmade custom uke at this price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom