WTT: Taylor 312CE guitar for nice baritone uke

OldePhart

Reaction score
This is just testing the waters to see if anybody has a specific trade that might be mutually beneficial - if so I'll post the appropriate pictures, sound samples, etc.

I've been toying with the idea of selling my 1999 Taylor 312CE guitar either on eBay or possibly locally (I have a couple of friends that have expressed interest in the past but I don't think they've got the scratch right now).

Anyway, it occured to me that since the main reason I'd be selling it is to put together the cash to order a Mya Moe baritone that I might as well see if anybody here on UU has a trade that might work for both of us. The guitar is in very good shape but not flawless, I bought it new in 2001 and gigged with it for a few years so there is some light fret wear in the first position (nowhere near needing work yet) and a couple of small dings, rub marks, etc. I would expect a uke taken in trade to be in similar condition.

The pickup and preamp have never given me a lick of trouble (we won't talk about how many times bandleaders needed to borrow my axe when their pickup system or battery box was flaking on them).

The factory molded hard case is solid but has some scuffs as you might expect a case gigged almost weekly for five or six years to have.

My trade interest(s) are pretty specific (i.e., if you don't have one of the following, or something very similar to one of the following, we probably don't have anything to talk about):

I'm most interested in a Mya Moe baritone in all koa or all myrtle, or maybe in mango (would have to hear good sound samples of the latter). Can put some cash with the guitar to make an equitable deal depending on condition of uke, etc.

I would also consider a Mya Moe longneck soprano in all mahogany or a Mya Moe concert resonator. (These are the two other Mya Moe ukes that are on my "long term aquisition list.")

I'd also consider a Kanilea or Kamaka koa baritone.

Would consider a Pono ABD in nice shape plus some cash. As the owner of a Pono factory 2nd MBD I would even consider an ABD factory second with, of course, more cash.

I Have no interest in mahogany baritones (already have two) or vintage baritones unless you have a Martin koa or a Gibson Poinsietta in nice shape that you want to trade straight across :)

I figure there's not much chance of connecting with somebody but trying can't hurt - the posting didn't cost much. ;)

I have a Kanilea tenor satin finish with hard case and Mi-Si pickup. You are interested? I'm in Brazil and I use USPS express mail international.

Top Bottom