Newbie from UK (Cheshire)

ChaosToo

Reaction score
Seeing as I barged on here and just asked for advice, I thought it would be rude not to introduce myself!

I recently got my first Uke (Mahalo Soprano - Christmas pressie - I knew nothing about Ukes and this fit the bill for a cheap way to get into playing) and have hardly put it down since!

As non-guitar player (drums being my 'instrument' of choice), I've actually suprised myself at the fact that I have picked up a few songs already. I'd always wanted to play something 'musical' (as opposed to noisey!), but having no use in the tip of the little finger of my left hand (due to a snapped tendon as a kid), I am still a bit limited but have found the Uke to be something I can finally get a 'tune' out of!

I am already looking for an upgrade (and size change - going for a Concert) and have been bookmarking loads of YouTube videos, some of which are superb for learning from (especially those from the UU site!)

Anyway - now I've said hello, I won't feel so bad about pestering you all for some more advice when I need it.....

:)

Hi and welcome! Nice introductory post, glad to hear you're enjoying your uke so much! They are VERY addictive...... and this is a really great site! :D

welcome to uu, there is plenty of stuff you can play without worrying about pinkie too much

Top Bottom