Goodbye Cruel World...new cover demo

That's great as it is. Maybe some trippy circusy organ in the background or something, but I always dug how you use the uke in your songs.

I really like this Craig!

I remember the song from my youth, and the calliope accompaniment, yet this arrangement just seems to be .. well, "honest" is the best description I can come up with.

Your voice fits the timbre so well, and the clean picking, along with the minor key is just looking for a hyberbolic description that I can't quite come up with at the moment. (g)

Thank you for posting this link!

-Kurt​

I thought I answered this...but I must be hallucinating.

plainsong...I like how you say "you use the uke in your songs." And that's what I do.

Kurt....that 'calliope' sound you remember is actually the voice of Gloria Swayne, the writer of the song! And it's in a major key, oddly enough.

Hoosierhiver...agreed

Kurt....that 'calliope' sound you remember is actually the voice of Gloria Swayne, the writer of the song! And it's in a major key, oddly enough.

Okay, I've heard a lot of songs that I've thought were minor keys that turned out to be major keys. This is just another of them, I guess.

Of course, if I could read music, I might know the difference... (g)

And I looked up the song - yeah, James Darren's version is the one I remember, and the Wikipedia article (because after all, if you can't trust Wikipedia, what can you trust?) said that it was a "synthesized version of a woman's voice", rather than a calliope. So I guess what I thought I heard was based on the context in which I heard it.

I thought it was interesting that Gloria Shayne (not Swayne) Baker also wrote the music for "Do You Hear What I Hear", as a response to the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Be that as it may, I still really enjoyed your arrangement.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom