Poll. New season of ukulele underground or carry on the weeks.

Do you want a new season of the Ukulele or keep the weeks on going

• New Season

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Keep them weeks coming.

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ukuloonie

Reaction score
I need to finalize this detail. and get er done.

I am going to release the new dates and guidelines for the up coming 6 months for the Seasons of the Ukulele.
I need to fix the title for the new season of the Ukulele.
for example
Season 2 wk 1, next year, season 3 wk 1 etc.
or just keep going with the weeks 53, 54 55 56 57 58 59 60. until infinity etc.

Last edited:
By "New Season", do you mean another 6 week contest?

I'm with Mike, lets get really reallly high.
Perhaps the hosts will continue to let folks do the video intro as just season 420 or whatever as now and not have to add the year bit?

I'm gonna go with "Keep dem weeks coming"...

It's kinda fun seeing how high we can get!

The terminology in your poll is flawed. We've been calling each week a season, not a week, so the choices should be:

o New Year (e.g., Year 2, Season 1)
o Keep them seasons coming. (e.g., Season 53)

As a relative newcomer, I don't have a connection to calling each week a season (indeed, I find it odd and confusing to those not in the know), but I understand the old-timers' desire to preserve that bit of quirky history. So given that, let's just keep the seasons coming. Having to say "This is for Season 112 of the Ukulele" is less awkward than saying "This is for Year 2, Season 8 of the Ukulele".

- FiL

I like the idea of starting a new season. That way, as each year finishes, we can archive by year each season of 52 weeks. It might make things easier for the mods, on terms of archiving, and on us, in terms of searching.

We could easily re-name the weeks so far this month as "Seasons of the Ukulele: 2013" and archive all of the weeks from last year into one thread as "Seasons of the Ukulele: 2012".

Scooter

chrimess' original idea was to challenge us each week for six weeks. It's incredible that it's still going nearly a year later. (Thank you, one and all!)

I hope we continue the tradition of focusing on each week as a Season, and I hope we keep the numbers going. Just imagine the "100th Season of the Ukulele". So cool!!!

Just keep on counting, we'll keep on playing!

I vote for keeping the seasons going. Just imagine how complicated the introductions to the videos would become. "This video is for Star Date....." I'd probably have to have multiple takes just to get that right. :drool:
Just saying.

The terminology in your poll is flawed. We've been calling each week a season, not a week, so the choices should be:

o New Year (e.g., Year 2, Season 1)
o Keep them seasons coming. (e.g., Season 53)

As a relative newcomer, I don't have a connection to calling each week a season (indeed, I find it odd and confusing to those not in the know), but I understand the old-timers' desire to preserve that bit of quirky history. So given that, let's just keep the seasons coming. Having to say "This is for Season 112 of the Ukulele" is less awkward than saying "This is for Year 2, Season 8 of the Ukulele".

- FiL
Oh well Thanks Fil must have been tired.
Thats me all around just a little flawed and pretty quirky.:D

Top Bottom