"Just a boy" one-shot cover : my very first sound for UU !

Frax

Reaction score
Hi folks !

Here's my cover of "Just a boy", originally composed by Angus & Julia Stone. Recorded one-shot, uke-voice on my koAloha ksm-02.

So, this is my very first time here - that means do not expect :

- a great level of ukulele as you guys can have here. No mad fingerpicking patterns here, just happy strumming and 5 chords. =)

- a good quality of recording. My neighbours weren't quiet, and the zoom H1 is pretty sensitive.

Apologizes by advance :) (also for my accent!)
Hope you'll enjoy it !

Just a boy cover

Last edited:
Never heard that one before. Well done! The sound isn't that bad, don't be so hard on yourself. We don't all have professional level studios in our bedrooms :)

I was expecting this one - which is actually called Giving it all away, but if you search for Just a Boy you'll also get it.

Leo Sayer was incredible in his early days! His first two albums were sheer genius and demonstrated some fine song-writing.

Never heard that one before. Well done! The sound isn't that bad, don't be so hard on yourself. We don't all have professional level studios in our bedrooms :)

I was expecting this one - which is actually called Giving it all away, but if you search for Just a Boy you'll also get it.

Leo Sayer was incredible in his early days! His first two albums were sheer genius and demonstrated some fine song-writing.

Thank you Barbablanca !
I didn't know Leo Sayer, what a great voice and interpretation !

thats great! :) sounds awesome! :)

Thank you Han for your compliments, it's really nice of you !

All of this make me wanna improve :)

What was causing those noises on the track? Did you knock into the microphone a few times in your enthusiasm? ;)

Nice voice ! (ok I already said somewhere else...) And nice uke (I shoud get one like this some day...)
hehe ! Thank you Val, you know compliments coming from you do really have a high value. :)
Concerning the uke... Well... So everyone here can understand : the koAloha ksm-02 I'm playing is actually Val's. ;)
Oustanding instrument indeed. Especially in your hands ! :D

What was causing those noises on the track? Did you knock into the microphone a few times in your enthusiasm? ;)

lol hell no.
You wouldn't believe it.
That's the neighbours upstairs. Their daughter jumps, runs everywhere all day long. When not, parents carry out some sort of construction works (or so it seems).
The zoom H1 catches everything. And any recording I make is "polluted" by these kind of noise....
The Solution ? Recording after midnight lol......

I've got a Zoom H1 too. What an incredibly versatile little recorder. I use it as my notepad mostly, but have even recorded tracks on it that were later used on a professional CD (after being mastered in a studio).

Pity about those neighbour's kids! If you ever need to record something really important, you'll have to try and get them "free" tickets to Futuroscope and get them out of your way. That tactic will also mean that you will be seen as such a generous neighbour that they won't dare complain next time you are recording after midnight ;)

I've got a Zoom H1 too. What an incredibly versatile little recorder. I use it as my notepad mostly, but have even recorded tracks on it that were later used on a professional CD (after being mastered in a studio).

Pity about those neighbour's kids! If you ever need to record something really important, you'll have to try and get them "free" tickets to Futuroscope and get them out of your way. That tactic will also mean that you will be seen as such a generous neighbour that they won't dare complain next time you are recording after midnight ;)

hehe, no I was kidding, I would never disturb anyone at this time. My neighbours don't have the same point of view though !
Yeah the H1 is an amazing litl recorder indeed ! Great quality/price rate.
By the way Val, I don't know which device you're using for your videos ?

Was... in fact was... ;-)
:) Was and always will be, somehow ! (when I'm playin this one I just can't stop thinking about your vids...)
hey but you have a GG-uke, lucky you !

Yes the pineapple by GG is a nice one ;-)
Videos are done with the Zoom Q3HD.

Top Bottom