MGM's Namm 2013 blog

MGM

Reaction score
Finally got out of Namm and boy......lots of new companies and models..but I will save that for when I have more time....Ever seen a Makala with electronics. The Kanilea Islander Paku ukulele bass ukes...lulu ukes...pukalana ukes....godin ukes...well all will be revealed. I will post pictures of all the exhibits setting up today.....sorry gotta run to dinner and my body aches. Lol

Please visit Kitomi in the Kiwaya booth for a video.

Yes loprinzi, Kamaka. Imua and more have special show ukes

Will be looking forward to your posts. Please get enough rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp-KZu8PvyM They briefly talk about "THE UKE EXPERIENCE" at NAMM 2013 at one music vendor...pretty cool! Good Morning San Diego did a piece on it.
Uke is getting some good press! Maybe we'll see Mike on the 6'oclock news!

Last edited:
Okay i'm beat but here are a few pics from today
B_zps78f500e8.png

New importer from Taiwan Puka ukes
A_zps730f179d.png

Lulu ukes
E_zps07ae9860.png

Koolau booth getting set up

Aloha Mike,
Woo hoo yes get some dinner and rest....looks like an awesome day with some new brands...keep them pictures and descriptions coming...Mahalo Plenty Brah..

opps forgot the photo
H_zpsde199747.png

While I am at it how many have seen legend Bill Tapias uke made by Lymana in Red....Here is his authorized copies of his ukulele from Bill's good friend Pat Enos...Called the Bill Tapia Uke
heres is a shot of Pat with the ukes
I_zpsb15ea3ee.png

How about a teaser of the many new Fluke and Flea designs at NAMM
J_zpsa2df2b0f.png

Any word on the Godin 'ukuleles? Do they have synth/MIDI access? It's filed under the multiacs and that's what they call the guitars with synth access, but I don't see anything definitive.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinmultiukep.htm

Ill add some...
Kala, always fun- thinbody pocket..hey how does this sound better than the full body pocket?
namm-2013_-17.jpg

Oooohhh colors are...colorful
namm-2013_-9.jpg

Archtop is customized!-
namm-2013_-8.jpg

Ubass has all kinds of new including regular bass strings, new pickup and crazy lower prices!
namm-2013_-12.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom