FS - Big Island Honu Traditional Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidrboy

Reaction score
FS is my Big Island HONU Traditional Series Tenor Uke.
The stock description is: Solid koa. Headstock features koa headplate with genuine mother of pearl HONU logo. SILVER Custom tuning gears with solid koa buttons, sealed 14:1 ratio. East Indian Rosewood bridge with genuine bone compensated saddle, Butt and back are of bookmatched solid koa. East Indian Rosewood fingerboard A-grade with abalone position markers. Traditional soundhole style for the original sound of the ukulele.

But that doesn't do it justice. This is really a player. Great resonant sound, plenty of punch. Currently strung with Worth browns. Lightly built. Good low action and perfect intonation up the neck. Incredible attention to detail. I can't find a mark on it, and the Koa is rich and lovely - the pictures do not do it justice.

What more can I say about these instruments than what Spots said here: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...4-Big-Island-Ukulele-s-Honu-Traditional-tenor

Wait, why am I selling this again? Oh right, because new uke day came twice to my house last week (new to me Pono PTEC-CE and a Koaloha concert with one piece back and top). So I need to clear out the stable a bit. No doubt I am going to be kicking myself for letting this go for some time to come. It had been a great everyday player for a good while now.

Looking for $460 (or reasonable best offer) shipped, with the pictured Uke Crazy case. But please don't buy it - I almost can't bear to see it go.

Attachments

• u1.jpg
    u1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 84
  • u2.jpg
    u2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 85
  • u3.jpg
    u3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 69
  • u4.jpg
    u4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Alright.

Please DO buy it, just don't expect me to be happy about giving it up.

Last edited:
Nice Uke. Love it but like everyone else, I'm broke. But it doesn't hurt to look :)

SOLD.

JPags down in the Bay Area just bought himself one sweet uke.

Thanks UU. Good ukes going to good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom