Advice please

UKESTAR

Reaction score
I need advice.:eek:

I want to be able to do what Aldrine did audio-wise on his Love Song cover. He plays the different parts and then layers them to make a complete song.

1. Is this what I need?

2. Do I need any other equipment to hear the final product or song?

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/RC2.htm

Last edited:
Yeah that works perfect for playing live. A buddy of mine has that and I think it's about the coolest thing ever. If you just wanted to record multiple tracks any recording software will let you do that.

What is the difference bet. recording software and this device? Why would anyone prefer one over the other?

mac

if u hav a apple mac the garageband on them are really easy, and good to use, to loop and fix songs together

if u hav a apple mac the garageband on them are really easy, and good to use, to loop and fix songs together

So...the ONLY advantage to using the Boss Loop station mentioned in this thread would be if I perform live?:confused:

Thanks..

I don't know anything about the loop station but if you want to record tracks for some reasonable bucks......look into FLstudio.com and download the demo. You'll need a computer with some decent ram as it is greedy for memory.

if youve already got a macbook or any laptop with garageband or similar recording software, then you dont even need that pedal. even to play live, if you wanna go all high tech. garage band will let you record several tracks. all you have to do is record one complete chord progression on tempo and loop it to wherever. then do the same for all the other tracks.

for a live performance, hook up the laptop to a PA and play the tracks through, minus the one track that you want to play that night. or to save memory, just convert the file to an MP3, upload it to iPod, and hook that up to the PA and play along.

but if youre just using it to practice, same deal. just record the tracks. loop. then play till you got it.

that reminds me, i need to use my own advice more often. hahaha.

if youve already got a macbook or any laptop with garageband or similar recording software, then you dont even need that pedal. even to play live, if you wanna go all high tech. garage band will let you record several tracks. all you have to do is record one complete chord progression on tempo and loop it to wherever. then do the same for all the other tracks.

for a live performance, hook up the laptop to a PA and play the tracks through, minus the one track that you want to play that night. or to save memory, just convert the file to an MP3, upload it to iPod, and hook that up to the PA and play along.

but if youre just using it to practice, same deal. just record the tracks. loop. then play till you got it.

that reminds me, i need to use my own advice more often. hahaha.

Thanks Nuker...

Question: IF I do get the Boss Loop station....how do I hear what I have done? I don't think there is a speaker built in to the pedal thing.

Thanks Nuker...

Question: IF I do get the Boss Loop station....how do I hear what I have done? I don't think there is a speaker built in to the pedal thing.
its just like any other pedal. you plug your instrument into it, and another line is run from the pedal to an amp.

here's a vid of gabe bondoc using one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZItD0Sghm94
FFWD to about 1:35 and you'll see how he uses it to play live.

its just like any other pedal. you plug your instrument into it, and another line is run from the pedal to an amp.

I can't view the video at work right now. I guess that I can press "play" on the loop station and it will play the music I have created thru the amp?

Thanks..

I can't view the video at work right now. I guess that I can press "play" on the loop station and it will play the music I have created thru the amp?

Thanks..
yeah he just plays the chord progression then it loops it. and he jumps in with his solos and accents for the song while singing.

Very cool... Are there better options? It just seems like this would be a standard piece of equipment for any musician out there??

2 Questions:

#1 Is this correct? Uke............pre amp.............loop station.........amp.

.................... = cables

#2 If so, what lengths should I get just for home use? I already have a 20ft. cable that I have been using to go straight from uke to amp.

Gracias amigo...

I've seen this used before. You want all parts of the song so you can perform live right? It depends really on how long the song and the chord progression changes. If there are alot of chord progression changes for like bridge, chorus,pre-schorus, and verse, I suggest making an .mp3 and recording it onto the peadal beforehand. If the accents and solos are only during verse progressions then it's cool. My friend just records while he's playing live, and replays it over for the next verse so he can solo.

2 Questions:

#1 Is this correct? Uke............pre amp.............loop station.........amp.

.................... = cables

#2 If so, what lengths should I get just for home use? I already have a 20ft. cable that I have been using to go straight from uke to amp.

Gracias amigo...

1. thats how id do it.

2. depends on if you are performing. keep your 20ft to go from uke to PA. then the rest should be as short as possible. so i would get two or three 2-3footers. you can get custom lengths at guitar center in la mesa. or you can take a spare cord you already have, buy some phone jacks (two for each) and solder them on yourself in whatever length suits you. its just two wires that you need to make sure dont make contact with each other or any other metal parts of the jack.

1. thats how id do it.

2. depends on if you are performing. keep your 20ft to go from uke to PA. then the rest should be as short as possible. so i would get two or three 2-3footers. you can get custom lengths at guitar center in la mesa. or you can take a spare cord you already have, buy some phone jacks (two for each) and solder them on yourself in whatever length suits you. its just two wires that you need to make sure dont make contact with each other or any other metal parts of the jack.

On it....think I am going to take the plunge with this equipment. Thanks man..

Top Bottom