Bushman Uke Contest

cashew

Reaction score
So... Who's entered? Who's cutting it to the last minute :) ...

I'm thinking about it.. but I admit it, I'm not a great player/singer, but i think what the heck, what do I have to lose?

I'm also thinking I have a mac, I have the older version of iMovie.... I can do this...but... if I wanted dopplegangers singing/dancing/playing wii behind me, what program do I want to use?

--the local friendly nut

I'm going to do one. But I can't start till Thursday, due to a hectic school/work schedual.

So... Who's entered? Who's cutting it to the last minute :) ...

I'm thinking about it.. but I admit it, I'm not a great player/singer, but i think what the heck, what do I have to lose?

I'm also thinking I have a mac, I have the older version of iMovie.... I can do this...but... if I wanted dopplegangers singing/dancing/playing wii behind me, what program do I want to use?

--the local friendly nut

Dopplegangers cavorting behind you would require a program that lets you both crop the videos and key out a color (green screen).

iMovie might have third party plug-ins available for those tasks, but it can't do them out of the box. Final Cut Express comes with these features out of the box. This gentleman explains the whole thing rather nicely.

If you don't want to buy Final Cut Express, you can buy a split screen plug-in for iMovie.

Volume 4 of the Slick plug-ins is what I used for my Use Me video.

Volume 4 of the Slick plug-ins is what I used for my Use Me video.

Boy, that and some way to do a "software zoom" would do it for me.

Alas, I don't have $50 to spend on such a thing and Santa's still pissed at me about the... well, never mind that.

Cool software on that site though. I may just have to d/l their little sampler and play with it.

You could also do it with Adobe After Effects utilizing masking/rotoscoping, but it's none the cheaper. ;)

I've been debating if I should try this contest out or not. Seems like a lot of good entries so far and I'm nervous to just fall into the abyss of mediocre entries. They judge highly on entertainment value and that's something my videos really lack. I'm not too good with the fancy editing and making things "entertaining" to watch (just watch any of Julia Nunes' videos for a sample of what I mean) that's all Aaron's job.

I got a pretty cool idea for a music video for that song I translated called "Gitara/ukulele" I have a cool concept in mind... I just hope I can pull it off on video hahaha.

My personal fave so far is that "Rich girl" video. Man... that's got some mad props for entertainment value.

I'm nervous to just fall into the abyss of mediocre entries
He who continues what he does well, is a hero. He who goes beyond, may become a god.

This is something that Confucius should have said, but didn't. I am sure he would have, but he was afraid it might not stick. See?

Give it a go, be awkwardly funny, show your buns and combine that with a heartburning song. A person's worst limitation is being a perfectionist. But as far as entertainment value goes, remember: in the shadow of deach's baritone, we all strap sopranos. Perhaps you are better at musical, straight videos :)

Top Bottom