Help! planning to buy second ukulele

I own the KA-CE, which the same as the C, but with a pickup/preamp. I really like it. Since you're coming from a soprano, I'd say to go with the concert. That way it's not a huge change in feel and sound.

One is a concert (same size body as a soprano with a tenor neck) and the other is a tenor (larger than a concert, 26" long, 14 frets to the body). If you're comfortable with a soprano, you may wanna consider the concert. If you're looking for a bigger sound, definetly a tenor.

As far as a purchase, you may wanna check with MGM. He's a Kala distributor and will do a instrument setup when purchased.

ya usually after the "cheap soprano" phase comes the cool concert. i got a concert after i realized how much i loved playing on the soprano.

thanks but i have to ask does me playing the guitar have any effect in size?

The impression I get seems guitar players, not all, prefer the size of a tenor rather than a concert. Just an observation from the posts.

I'm a guitar player and I prefer the size of the concert. It's all personal I think. It's harder to play some chords, which is why I'm switching to a tenor, but I do enjoy the size of the frets for picking/solo work.

thanks for all the advice i guess im just going to have to try them both out.

thanks but i have to ask does me playing the guitar have any effect in size?

i dont know if its just me but, it always takes me a minute to adjust to the shorter fret lengths on a ukulele after playing a guitar.

string tention is also different on a tenor, being a guitar play we exert more finger pressure than what is needed on the concert and sop. So then tenor would stayed in tune longer. I have both a concert and tenor now. I tend to play the tenor more, unless I am traveling with a uke then its the smaller concert.

I can almost garuntee that you wont find a better price than with MGM, plus he dress'm up and he has great customer service.

Top Bottom