Oscar Schmidt Banjo Uke?

D

dhoenisch

Does anyone here have any experience with the Oscar Schmidt banjo uke? IT's the only one I've found that's under $200 and looks pretty decently built. Oscar Schmidt is pretty consistent as far as sound and build quality, so I just wonder if that is something worth looking into, especially for a uke I wouldn't play as much. I just want one for a few Tin Pan Ally songs I enjoy playing.

Thanks,
Dan

Howdy

I was looking closely at those recently (as close as I can get on the internet) with the thought of buying one based on my experience with a couple of Oscar Schmidt ukuleles. Not long ago there was a review here on the site that you can probably turn up with a search. I believe the reviewer basically said that the build was not up to typical OS standards, but wasn't too bad. There was a review on Amazon that essentially said the same thing. That was enough for me to cool my jets for a bit. Still interested. Kala is releasing a banjo uke soon but someone here said they thought it would probably retail around $300.00. A tad high for my impulse purchasing. :/

Does anyone here have any experience with the Oscar Schmidt banjo uke? IT's the only one I've found that's under $200 and looks pretty decently built. Oscar Schmidt is pretty consistent as far as sound and build quality, so I just wonder if that is something worth looking into, especially for a uke I wouldn't play as much. I just want one for a few Tin Pan Ally songs I enjoy playing.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
Top Bottom