Want to Help?

haolejohn

Reaction score
Want to Help some kids learn Uke?

I have started a new uke club in the Alaska Bush. We will be called the Bush Ukers or BU for short.
I teach in a school that is 98% Alaskan Native (my nephew is the only non-Alaskan) and we are 98% free and reduced lunch. Money is a concern up here. Thankfully Mainland Ukuleles set our little uke club up with some geckos to add to the collection of ukes I already had. Now each of my students has their own ukulele.
Our only problem is that I still need tuners (only have one at the moment) and strings. One of my friends contacted UkeRepublic and they have decided to start a 2 week campaign to get tuners and strings out to us.
If you would like to contribute to our club, please contact UkeRepublic http://www.ukerepublic.com/ and tell him you would like to help out. Anything helps. Mike is giving a special rate on tuners for us.

Mods, if you feel this thread needs to be closed, please shut it down or move it if it needs to be moved.

Last edited:
Good for you, John! I'll be contacting Mike at Uke Republic to see if I can help out....

I'm in! Nothing worse than inuits whose tuning is out of it.

Great cause, John. PM me your address - I just got a package of 50 of those inexpensive tuner batteries off ebay and I'll never use them all before the shelf life expires in 2016. I can send you thirty of 'em and never miss them.

John

Great cause, John. PM me your address - I just got a package of 50 of those inexpensive tuner batteries off ebay and I'll never use them all before the shelf life expires in 2016. I can send you thirty of 'em and never miss them.

John

John incoming. THat would be great.

Add another tuner to the list....just as soon as I get Mike's invoice from Uke Republic. Great job! Keep me on your go-to list.

Phil

Top Bottom