FS: New Concert Koa Ukulele by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is a new concert size uke made of all Koa for the body. This Koa is well
seasoned, over 30 years. The neck is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. Although
the mango does have worm holes, there are no worms, very unique looking wood. There
are 12 frets to the body, 15 total. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. White MOP dots
with white side dots. Orange reconstituted stone logo inlaid into ebony. Bone nut
and saddle. Medium size frets for easy playing and accurate intonation. New Gotoh
UPT brand geared 4:1 tuners. Chrome body with small white plastic knobs. These new
tuners are light weight, easily to install and will fit on any size uke, and work
beautifully. High gloss nitro-lacquer finish with a satin smooth touch and
semi-gloss look. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow Koa sound. Your
complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe
shipping. Made in the USA. $35 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money
order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more
information. Thanks for looking.

$725.00

Attachments

• Concert 2013-1-24a.jpg
    Concert 2013-1-24a.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Concert 2013-1-24b.jpg
    Concert 2013-1-24b.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Concert 2013-1-24c.jpg
    Concert 2013-1-24c.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Concert 2013-1-24d.jpg
    Concert 2013-1-24d.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
A lovely looking instrument. I applaud you for using these new tuners--they are very attractive and really balance the look.

A lovely looking instrument. I applaud you for using these new tuners--they are very attractive and really balance the look.

I like these new tuners, they are very smooth, light weight and easy to install. I will be using them on a new sopranino I am building and even on this small uke, they don't look over size or too heavy. I think you will start seeing them more and more as time goes by and many brands and sizes of ukes.

Top Bottom