restringing

ritzer012

UU+
Reaction score
ok....so i just got my d'addario strings in the mail from my good friends at uu but i have a question. the strings are individually wrapped and on the back it says the note the string is. they say, in order from top to bottom of package, E,B,G,E. what order do i put these in on my uke?

On the front of the pack towards the bottom, you should see this;
J71 or J92 Clear Nylon
1st-0.0285, 2nd-0.0327, 3rd-0.0410, 4th--0.0290​

539298jpg.jpg
488291jpg.jpg

1st string (bottom) would be the A and the top string (4th) would be G.

Last edited:
ahhh yes thank you! i have it stringed now...the strings sound fine when i play them individually but the chords sound kind of dead....is that just cuz theyre new? or did i mess up somewhere?

ok....so i just got my d'addario strings in the mail from my good friends at uu but i have a question. the strings are individually wrapped and on the back it says the note the string is. they say, in order from top to bottom of package, E,B,G,E. what order do i put these in on my uke?

Hey check out the back of the pack and it tells you which string is which like this (the following is for tenor strings):

A 0.0285 inches (bottom string)
E 0.0327 inches
C 0.0410 inches
G 0.0290 inches (top string)

Bear in mind that the string diameter on the back of the packet doesn't match that on the actual strings themselves, they're normally rounded up or simply have a number dropped. So for my A string it says on the back of the pack that it should be 0.0285 inches but on the string packet itself it says 0.028.

Remember to do one string at a time, don't take them all off at once. Good luck!

ahhh yes thank you! i have it stringed now...the strings sound fine when i play them individually but the chords sound kind of dead....is that just cuz theyre new? or did i mess up somewhere?

I think as long as you strung them up in the right way, everything should be good. Keep in mind that different players like different strings and that different ukuleles sound better with different strings. thejumpingflea did a cool post talking about this.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7129

Like I tried D'Addarios on my Fluke and to me they sounded pretty dead, as well. However on my Kamaka, they sound wonderful. But yeah. Try them out for about a week or two, let them settle in and if you still don't like the flavor, move on to the next pack!

Shooots.

Top Bottom