Ukeeku.com NAMM 2013 Coverage

It was nice meeting you Tim.

So were your boots made for walkin? What ARE the best blister remedies? These are th things we need to know. :)

Seriously though, great pics, and looking forward to your write-up!

If only I lived so close. Gonna start a petition for a NAMM in the UK!!

Great pics Tim, been enjoying going through them.

My plan is to get the three videos up and my over all summary of what I saw at this years NAMM.
Sorry for the slowness. Very tired and needed a break from it all to process what I just did.

Do you, by chance, have any video of the Magic Fluke's violin? I have a fiddler friend that is very intrigued by the idea.

Scooter

There is a NAMM in Germany.

I know. Closer, but still a fair trek! Distances to us Brits mean a whole different thing than they do to those in US!

Some interesting bits I've seen from vids, photos from Tim etc

1 the new Ohana Reso
2. Those arm rests on the new islanders - gimmick or great idea?
3. The new slot head Kanile'a models (drool)
4. That new Pono in a wood I can't remember name of. Almost white colour and not bright sounding as you'd expect, super warm.

Last edited:
Hi Tim, I saw the you have a Kremona pick-up in one of your pictures. Did you get one to review?!!??!

I wonder if Ohana will actually sell the model with the stripe running-down the top.
...this is the 2nd year they've shown the Nunes-style soprano, is it actually being sold yet?

I wonder if Ohana will actually sell the model with the stripe running-down the top.
...this is the 2nd year they've shown the Nunes-style soprano, is it actually being sold yet?

I too was wondering about that model with the stripe. Last year it had a nice bubbly almost banjo-like headstock and a red rosette. This year I saw a picture of another Ohana uke with the same stripe but a regular Ohana headstock that wasn't as nice and an avalone rosette that didn't look nice at all with the colours of the stripe. I guess they're probably still experimenting. I don't remember where but I could almost swear I saw a picture or video snippet of another brand with the exact same strip. Anybody else seen this or is it just a fidget of my imagination?

The Nuñes one would like best with a satin finish imo

Top Bottom