My Islander MSC-4

Katz-in-Boots

Reaction score
Okay, it took a while to love this instrument, but after taking it to group on Thursday night, something has changed and I love it.

My perception was further changed perhaps by getting my Ubass, which is quiet. Compared to that, my Islander sings.

I asked our teacher played & liked it, which is reassuring.

Here are some photos taken with my mobile phone. With my shaky hands, the pic of the back wasn't good enough to include.
View attachment 48099View attachment 48100View attachment 48101View attachment 48102

Here is a video of his playing it (I said I'd try to keep his face out of it & that I'd edit a wrong note out - but then found I had no idea how to edit it.) I didn't get the camera going quick enough to catch the strummin:

Awsome uke and playing. I like you accent too.

Pretty uke. And it sounded really nice as well. Sometimes it just takes a while to see how good something really is.

I was the same with the soprano version. At first I thought the action was a little too high, but I actually quite like that now, it helps with the sound and the intonation is spot on. I really like the solid Islanders - mine has a really mellow sound. I love my Mainlands, but after playing those my Islander feels like butter (in a good way!!)

Top Bottom