UU+

etf

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask how many of you after finding UU decided to sign up for UU+? I put in a search for UU+ but it came up with nothing, so sorry in advance if this has been covered. I just wanted to hear from people who had signed up to UU+ to hear how it helped them on the journey to being a better player. I have problems getting around without help, so even if there was an instructor near me or a group it would be difficult for me to get there. So just wanted your views on how you are finding it.

Many thanks,
ETF :cool:

I'd be interested in hearing people's take on this as well.

And I know I've seen something about this somewhere in the forums but, a search on UU+ basically says it's too short and returns too many possible hits. :(

Last edited:
It's sad that no one has replied to this, it would have been nice to get members views on UU+.

I have just seen your post, as regards UU+ I cannot say enough good things about the lessons the guys give you, when you consider that private ukulele lessons cost about $30 (£20) for about an hour the UU+ its great value for money at $15 a month cheaper if you buy it yearly, the lessons are given by Aldrine who is in my opinion one of the best uke players in the world, they are very well structured and very well thought out if you are new to the uke there is a fantastic beginners section in the UUU, this takes you through to an intermediate and advanced section, you will get loads of tips and tricks to make you a better ukulele player, its also better being taught by ukulele players as opposed to guitar tutors because they know the uke inside out, it would be ideal for you if you cannot get around, if you type UU+ into the search at the top right hand corner on the red toolbar I am sure you will find loads of threads discussing the merits of UU+ hope this helps

if you type UU+ into the search at the top right hand corner on the red toolbar I am sure you will find loads of threads discussing the merits of UU+ hope this helps

Sadly, the search engine rejects both UU+ and UUU as too short and returns 0 results.

It seems like a good idea to have a sticky thread for the class so that it's easy for people to learn more.

Last edited:
I am a member but honestly have not spent the time yet to really get into it. I am sure it is well worth the investment. And if I remember correctly, you have a 30-day free trial before your card is hit. You can try before you buy. Go for it and see what it is all about.

For search terms that are too short for the forum's search function, you can always use Google instead. Searching for ""uu+" site:ukuleleunderground.com" yields many results (snip)

This is helpful to know but I agree that it would be nice to have a sticky kept at the top somewhere for this discussion. It's a good way for them to market this way of supporting the site as well as providing information to those trying to decide if this is potentially a good learning tool (in addition to the 30 day trial). :)

Last edited:
I signed up back in June with the idea that I was going to watch as much as I could as fast as I could and then cancel..didn't happen. Still a member and still paying, happily.

IMO the content is worth way more than the monthly fee. I can sit here and tell you all about it, but they offer a two week free trial, so I would only be wasting time you could be watching Aldrine instead.

Seriously though, I was amazed at how easily Aldrine was able to explain the things I have never understood, music theory, song structure, different timings, keys and scales, all that fun stuff. That's not even talking about the ukelele lessons, like chords, and fingerpicking patterns..everything is covered at a pace and an order which is easy to digest, even a couple lessons at a time. Keep in mind though, you can watch the videos as quickly as you like, but you have to give it time to sink in and practice, practice, practice, is the key.

As I get better, I like to go back to the videos I have already seen. It's a big eye opener to see how far you can come in a short time. Also I always find things that I may have missed or maybe didn't understand the first time around.

Thank you for the replies. Thought that this thread had fallen on stoney ground but thankfully you came through. It's always a help to hear from people who have signed up, who better to listen to.
Once again thank you for the replies.

ETF

Thank you for the replies. Thought that this thread had fallen on stoney ground but thankfully you came through. It's always a help to hear from people who have signed up, who better to listen to.
Once again thank you for the replies.

ETF

Your welcome.

I feel like after watching the lessons (and practice, practice, practice) I can honestly say that I play the ukulele, I don't just know a few chords, I don't just know a song or two...Now when I sit down now with my uke, I feel like I am able to make it do what I want it to do. I have ideas and goals and most important to me, I can express how I am feeling with music and that is what I have been trying to do unsuccessfully my whole life.

Top Bottom