Vine - Instagramish 6-second videos...

ukemunga

Reaction score
I just mentioned this on another thread and thought it merits more exposure. Haven't used it myself yet but looking into what it's all about.

Seems it would be great for sharing sound bites, mini lessons, 6-second songs(!!!?), or...

This is not an officially vine-endorsed site but it will give you an idea what others are doing with it.

www.vinepeek.com

Okay, so in 18 seconds I saw:

1) A cat's butt.
2) Some goshawful mixture in a blender.
3) Two birds trying to eat each other's beaks.

Somehow I think I'm not missing much... :)

John

Hey John, didn't say they were any good, just interesting. And I think you could do some very creative things with 6 seconds. I'd like to see a 6-second song that loops seamlessly for instance.

and I think YOU could certainly do something very cool with your computer / music / recording knowledge... not to mention wit! Be a pioneer...

Just for inspiration a bit off topic, there is at least one guy who records his life with video and then uses 1 second bits per day to put together a nice video showing his life in little flashes. Looks quite interesting: http://vimeo.com/37792362

So maybe something similar works for 6 seconds ukulele vids?

We had these back in the early 90s; we called them "animated .gif files" Everything old is new again...

Hey John, didn't say they were any good, just interesting. And I think you could do some very creative things with 6 seconds. I'd like to see a 6-second song that loops seamlessly for instance.

and I think YOU could certainly do something very cool with your computer / music / recording knowledge... not to mention wit! Be a pioneer...

Heh, heh, I'm so old people think I was a pioneer (insert sidestick and rimshot here). :)

I was just making a funny. It made me think about all the time my wife spends staring at Facebook waiting for something to happen... If she finds that site I will never be able to pry her off the computer... LOL

John

Top Bottom