Aquila Low G's are Great!

GKK

Reaction score
I've wanted to string up one of my tenors with the Low G but, I've decided to wait until I could purchase another quality Tenor.

Yesterday I looked at my Kala Longneck Soprano on the wall and decided to install the low G on it. I went to a local Uke store and they had the Aquila low G string set.

These strings are amazing! The low G is a very thin wound steel string with a high quality feel to it. It looks identical to the other strings in color and you can't tell by looking at it that it's a wound steel string. The bass note really comes through especially from the soprano uke!

The sound is awesome and I can finally play Iz's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" exactly as he played it.

I recommend these strings for a Low G set!...

The moment I got my Lanakai S-T, that was the first thing I did to it, and I love it. It's nice to have a uke strung with the low G. It opens up more fingerpicking opportunities.

Dan

After trying several sets of low G strings the ones I am most happy with are the Aquila.

I thought the Low G string would be really thick and I didn't like how most low G strings are a different color which looks kind of odd with the other strings.

I still can't believe how thin the Aquila Low G string is!...Can't wait to install the Aquila Low G on my Tenor!

Top Bottom