50th Season of the Ukulele - Uncle Elvis Week!

UncleElvis

Reaction score
The 50th season of the ukulele: Uncle Elvis Week!

I've been completely insane, so I'm crazy late. Sorry!
This week is the lead up to my birthday, so I am being completely selfish and choosing something that I want to hear!

Your task: Record an Elvis song! Easy, right! AH HA! There's a TWIST!
I want the B-sides (not necessarily LITERALLY a B-side)... I want the less common Elvis songs. No "Can't Help Falling In Love", no "Suspicious Minds"... I'm looking for songs from his movies that no one remembers. I'm looking for obscure.
You guys are amazing. I know you're going to blow my mind!

Prizes:

First - A copy of my new CD... which I'm furiously writing at this moment!, a "Mike Hind and his Magical Ukulele" tshirt in either M, L, XL or XXL, a pin and a sticker.
Second - A copy of the CD and a tshirt
Third - A pin and sticker.

BONUS! I don't know what the prize will be, but if you stump me and do an Elvis song I've never heard, there's gonna be something special for you!

Rules and guidelines:

1. Your official entry has to be a new video created for this season.
2. Your entry must mention the 50th season of the ukulele.
3. Mention where the song you are doing is from, so I can check it out.
4. Only videos posted in this thread will be considered.
5. The ukulele must be featured front and center.
6. Your first entry is your official entry unless specifically stated. All other entries are bonus entries.
8. The deadline is Sunday, February 3rd at 11:59 PM, HI time or 6:00 AM on the 4th, Bermuda time!
9. Multitrack if you want, but it may or may not count towards the final score.

The main criterion for a good score is awesomeness.

This means bring the joy. Bring the happiness. Bring confidence and balls. Show me how awesome YOU are!
Make me cry tears of joy.
Have as much fun as you can.
Picture everyone in their underwear or in Hallowe'en costumes when no one else is.
Remember, when you play, everyone wants to be you. Everyone is rooting for you.
Sing your hearts out! Play your hearts out!

BE AWESOME!

Playlists:

Official entries

Bonus tracks

Last edited:
second that question. Multi-tracking?

OK, here's my entry; there are a couple of things, in that I neglected to mention the name of the movie that this song is from, which is "Love Me Tender," although that might be surmised. Also, I made an error in the last verse, but I did this in one take and I don't think my cough will let me do another. Thank you for the opportunity, a fun theme!

Last edited:
I should be an honory judge cuz I hardly know any Elvis songs including the popular ones. If I know your song, you should be automatically disqualified! So far, I haven't heard any I know. LOL

Question:
Does the song itself have to be obscure or just Elvis' version?
Elvis covered a lot of well known songs but his version is pretty obscure.

The main criterion for a good score is awesomeness.

This means bring the joy. Bring the happiness. Bring confidence and balls. Show me how awesome YOU are!
Make me cry tears of joy.
Have as much fun as you can.
Picture everyone in their underwear or in Hallowe'en costumes when no one else is.
Remember, when you play, everyone wants to be you. Everyone is rooting for you.
Sing your hearts out! Play your hearts out!

BE AWESOME!

YEAH. RIGHT.
Here is another bonus track done for this season, but sorry it's just me being me.
I may try and muster up some "AWESOMENESS" for my official entry but it'll probably just end up with me being me as well.
This was done by Elvis sitting next to some female in the back of a pickup in some movie.
I will argue that the song with these lyrics IS obscure. I hadn't seen these lyrics before.

Last edited:
Question:
Does the song itself have to be obscure or just Elvis' version?
Elvis covered a lot of well known songs but his version is pretty obscure.

Good question. I'd like to know the answer to that too.

Are songs by other artists that mention Elvis fair game? And how about songs by the other Elvis?
Thanks for hosting!

OK, here's my entry; there are a couple of things, in that I neglected to mention the name of the movie that this song is from, which is "Love Me Tender," although that might be surmised. Also, I made an error in the last verse, but I did this in one take and I don't think my cough will let me do another. Thank you for the opportunity, a fun theme!
Liked this a lot and thought your voice held up well with those jumps to the high register.
Good job and good luck with the move - I hate moving but I have WAY too much stuff.

Top Bottom