different tuning soundclips

Hobgoblin Steve

Reaction score
So in a month or so I want to get a new set of strings for my Kala Baritone. Now Ive been oh-so-curious about gcea (GCEA I dont know, standard Tenor tuning is what im trying to say) tuning on this uke, but I would love to hear how it sounds, before I go get a set and end up not liking it. Does anyone play thier baritone with tenor tuning? if so would you mind posting a clip of a couple of chords plucked/strummed of how it sounds?

I do know that different ukes with different strings sound ( obviously) different, Im just looking for a loose idea before I go jump for something.

Also I was thinking maybe some people might want to tune their tenor/soprano/concert to a baritone, and maybe they want a soundclip too, so please, go nuts, we could use this thread for all odd tunings.

I looked into this...
from what I've heard (no direct experience), the strings will have alot of tension in them when you tune the larger baritone to GCEA, so some people don't recommend it

I looked into this...
from what I've heard (no direct experience), the strings will have alot of tension in them when you tune the larger baritone to GCEA, so some people don't recommend it

You can get GCEA baritone strings. So that they won't be super tension.

ive been wondering the same thing but not about a baritone. ive been wondering about finding different tuning sound clips like on a tenor/concert or soprano

im thinking about changing to a low G tuning cause right now my concert is standard gCEA but im wondering what other tunings sound like.

if any1 has a way to make the soundclips of different tunings im just wondering what it would all sound like if i wanted to change form high to low g.

also re the fingerings the same for the low g as they are for a high g?

like a G chord with standard tuning is 0232.. would it be the same with a low G?

well i think you would still be able to play the chord like that but it would sound different since you are just changing the octave of one string i wouldnt think it would do much more than give it a different feel
try it and tell us what happens

Top Bottom