Anyone tried Worth Clears, Medium Tension, on a KALA SEM?

beautifulsoup

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I'm always tempted to post in the Beginner's Forum, but I've been at this for a year and a half now. ETA: And now that I've already posted, I s'pose it is a beginner-ish question.

My KALA SEM is "plunking" (buzzing?") at the fifth fret on the E string, and at the 5th fret on the C string. (I've had the uke for about five months, I think - and it's my "go to" uke here at home). The C string in general was a bit plunky at the start, but I've just recently noticed this 5th fret E-string "plunk."

I figure it's about time to change strings anyway, and I'll somebody look at other possible factors, too.

My action is a little on the high side, but doesn't bother me too much, given that it's a laminate uke. (I've "adjusted," haha). I've had action on other laminates lowered, which resulted in a deadening of sound. (Even with Aquilas on them; but hey - I can strum really hard if I need to, haha).

Anyway: has anyone ever tried Worth Clears, Medium Tension, on their KALA SEM? Just got some in the mail. Figured I'd try those - or put new Aquilas on.

?

Last edited:
Top Bottom