Belated New Uke(s) Day!

Macmuse

Reaction score
Way overdue. These two wonderful instruments deserve their new uke day even if I've had them for a while.

I had the pleasure of receiving not one but TWO ukuleles just after Christmas '12. I waited too long and missed the insane price on the Kala lacewood in concert but decided to try the soprano instead. Very happy I did.

And ah, the slot head. Light as a feather, wonderful tone. Love it with the Low G set up that HMS did for me. The pictures just do not do this wood justice. It has a chatoyance, especially on the back, that I just didn't capture here.

My musical background is heavy in baroque and early music and I've been wanting a lute for a very long time. Well, much to my delight there's a great book From Lute To Uke: Early Music For Ukulele that arrived as a Christmas present and I'm working my way through that and it all sounds wonderful on these two. :)

Did I mention that I'm a total pushover for those eye catching woodgrains? To find them this gorgeous in solid wood - what a dream.

Attachments

• the-lacewood.jpg
    the-lacewood.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 13
  • okoume-n-lacewood-backs.jpg
    okoume-n-lacewood-backs.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 17
  • okoume-n-lacewood.jpg
    okoume-n-lacewood.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom